Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Losing faith (Fair haven $) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Losing faith (Fair haven $)
KXZ
Member # 119

- posted      Profile for KXZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PopMaze: It was "Living Witness"

------------------
"You're right. They wouldn't be able to see anything but the top of your head. The glare could blind them."
-B'Ellana Torres, Virtuoso

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked it better than the "Doc singing Opera" ep !! That one SUCKED ...

This one wasn't too bad, but let me tell ya, if they NEVER EVER do another Fair Haven Ep ... I wouldn't miss it .. Quite frankly, the first one was enough ...

Let's get back to space exploration, and cut the crap!

------------------
-There can be only Nine !! ..mmm.. maybe 10 !!

- Alshrim Dax
The Other Dax:

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monty:

I saw it this weekend. I LMAO!! The Doc was priceless. I don't know what the flap is all about, it was a good ep.

OK, so a lot of stuff happened that shouldn't be able to happen, but it was funny, and I enjoyed it.

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

[This message has been edited by Kosh (edited March 06, 2000).]

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked it, but not as much as the first Fair Haven ep (Paris could've acted with a bit more sense). I didn't think the villagers became sentient; they just reacted when they see others turn into cows and disappear into thin air. I read The Crucible last year, and they weren't really exaggerating that witch-burning stuff. Plus I have a soft spot for Michael Sullivan.

------------------
"One more day before the storm
At the barricades of freedom!
When our ranks begin to form
Will you take your place with me?"
--Enjolras, "One Day More," Les Miserables

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ziyal: That's the point. Holodeck characters are programmed to ignore anything that isn't normal to the program. If this programming is damaged and they start noticing things (arches and such), they're pretty much self-aware, i.e. sentient.

------------------
Homer: "I can see what's happening. They did it to Jesus, and now they're doing it to me."
Marge: "Are you comparing yourself to our lord?!"
Homer: "Well, in bowling ability..."
-The Simpsons

TerraZ
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Someone should really program Holodecks so that caracters and events can't damage them. Remember the holographic explosives in "The killing game" and now holographic bullets destroying a computer panel .

And let's not mention the ridiculous four-decks high holodeck in the former... >

------------------
-If you took that broomstick out of your tail-pipe once in a while, you might have some FUN for a change!
*Rattrap - Beast Wars*

-Let the Fates land where they may!
*Megatron - Beast Machines*

IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, yes... I'd forgotten the shotgun that can blast computer consoles. Even w/ the safeties off, the holograms should only be able to affect the people in the holodeck. Anyone who would design a holodeck that is capable of damaging itself is just stupid. Same goes for any writer who would write a story in which this happens. :-)

------------------
Homer: "I can see what's happening. They did it to Jesus, and now they're doing it to me."
Marge: "Are you comparing yourself to our lord?!"
Homer: "Well, in bowling ability..."
-The Simpsons

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Therein lies the problem with Trek today.(the show, not the zine )The writer don't pay attention to what they are writing, or worse, they don't care.

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps