Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » USS Voyager NCC-74656-A ??? (includes DS9 $$$) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: USS Voyager NCC-74656-A ??? (includes DS9 $$$)
bear
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Captain John Harriman brown nosing made it clear how Starfleet and the federation felt about the original crew and the importance of the name Enterprise. Who knows maybe the E-B was on all the recruiting posters for the next twenty years.

Any thoughts?

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/9268/index.html

Cartman
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Blow up Voyager with the entire crew still on it durring the final seconds of the last episode. Thats what I call a happy ending.

Voyager is killing Trek a slow death, kill it now before it takes the entire franchise down with it.

------------------
Respect My Authoritha!

[This message has been edited by Cartman (edited June 20, 2000).]

IP: Logged
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alpha: I see you use a Freeservers site; the 8m.com domain, to be exact. I use them as well (the iwarp.com domain).

In case you haven't noticed, Freeservers has an "anti-storage" code in effect that disallows remote server access to binary files. The only way to have us see that picture is to put it in an HTML document on the server & then link us to that. Or, link us to an HTML page on the server & THEN link us to the picture throught said page.

------------------
"Do you know how much YOU'RE worth??.....2.5 million Woolongs. THAT'S your bounty. I SAID you were small fry..." --Spike Spiegel

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cartman, I'd have to disagree with you. I'm the biggest freak'n DS9 fan around these here parts and well, I'd have to say starting from "Before and After" at the end of Voyager's season 3 - Voyager has just kicked ass!

Even more so in the last year and a half (I've only seen up to "Pathfinder")

What about these episodes:

Infinite Regress
Thirty Days
Timeless
Gravity
Course: Oblivion
Think Tank
Barge of the Dead
Riddles
Dragon's Teeth
Pathfinder.

to name a few.

Oh yeah there's been some crappy eps like:

Warhead
The Fight
Juggernaut
etc.

But Voyager's been going quite strongly.

I just personally think they should give Trek a rest for a few years, not go leaping into a fifth series.

Andrew

------------------
"chocolate cherries allamanda" - Datura, Tori Amos

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah! You just gotta love "Dragon's Teeth"!! After seeing that I find it very odd that we haven't seen any Intrepid class ships in the Dominion War kicking Jemmie a$$.

But it looks like Voyager (the Intrepid class) is a tough one to destroy. It can take quite a beating as seen in episodes like 'Timeless' and 'Year of Hell'.

------------------
"Do you want to be President?"
"Yes."
"Put you hand on the book and say 'I do'."
"I do."
"Good, done. Let's eat!"

- G'kar and Sheridan, Babylon 5.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Barge Of The Dead" bit ASS.

THE best VGR episode EVER for me (& in many ways, the best TREK episode) is "Distant Origin," the one with the Voth from s3. When I saw that one, I was blown away

------------------
"Do you know how much YOU'RE worth??.....2.5 million Woolongs. THAT'S your bounty. I SAID you were small fry..." --Spike Spiegel

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I missed Barge...

But the Voth ship was really cool! I was alone when I saw the episode for the first time, and I said: "WOW! Oh my GOD!" out loud when I saw that motherfu ship...

------------------
"Yes."
"I do."
"Good, done. Let's eat!"

[This message has been edited by Altair (edited June 21, 2000).]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had a little theory flying around for a while now, as to why we have never seen any more Intrepids (or after Inter Ama... in a courier role) is because after the dissapearence of the Voyager, Starfleet halted production on the entire Intrepid class project, because of fears of a fatal flaw with the class that lead to the destruction of the Voyager - only after contact with the Voyager in MIAB, did they again OK the production of more Intrepids - hence the Bellerophon.

------------------
"chocolate cherries allamanda" - Datura, Tori Amos

[This message has been edited by AndrewR (edited June 22, 2000).]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I don't know. I don't find it too hard to imagine that the wartime role of the Intrepid would be such that it seldom crossed our path.

------------------
It's not my birthday
It's not today
It's not my birthday so why do you lunge out at me?
--
They Might Be Giants
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! I'll give you a cookie.

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

Wasn't it either Harry or Tom who said in an early (pre-7of9 era) episode that Voyager is a warship? I can remember hearing it in a conversation about crewquarters and a musical instrument.

Anyway I remember an episode about the Galaxy class which may have a fatal flaw, which could have lead to the decomissioning of the entire class. So putting the Intrepids out of order because of a posibile flaw that could destroy the ship sounds resonable.

On the other hand, Voyager disappeared in the Badlands. One mistake in there and BOOOOMM!!! But maybe that is to simple an explanation.

------------------
"Yes."
"I do."
"Good, done. Let's eat!"

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The reference for Voyager's "warshipness" (was it in "Parturition"?) goes something like this: Kim says the walls are too thin for clarinet playing, since one can hear everything through them. Paris then jokingly comments that the ship was "built for combat performance, not musical performance".

I wouldn't take that comment too seriously. It's obvious that Tom is making a joke. And the joke just wouldn't work if Tom had to say "built for exploration performance". There is no such thing in everyday English as "exploration performance", but "combat performance" is a household word (or pair of words).

And even if the ship was "built for combat performance", its primary mission could be one of collecting gaseous samples from giant planets, or carrying diplomats and other dignitaries to distant assignments. Combat performance would simply be one of the many design criteria that the ship would have to meet.

Timo Saloniemi

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

Still, I'd be a lot happier knowing an Intrepid is backing me up instead of a Miranda or Oberth Class when it comes to a serious fight.

------------------
"Yes."
"I do."
"Good, done. Let's eat!"

Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No kidding. Voyager can take a pounding and it doesn't even scratch the paint. But a Miranda or Oberth takes a couple shots and POOF!

------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't know what you're doing as long as you look good doing it.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mirandas do quite well in battle, IIRC.

------------------
June is National Accordion Awareness Month.
"And as we all know, 454 Okudagrams equals an Okudapound." - Rick Sternbach

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Miranda Classes do quite well in battles, as long as there are no Dominion/Breen/Borg ships present. Otherwise, I wouldn't be caught dead onboard a Miranda Class...

------------------
Cigar Girl- "Would you like to check my figures?"

James Bond- "I'm sure that they are very well rounded..."

The World is Not Enough

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps