Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Continuity Errors (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Continuity Errors
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Colonel West wasn't a real Colonel anyway...he didn't have the right rank insignia.
OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What do you mean about Colonel West not having the right insignia? Colonel equals a navy captain and in the US military all branches wear the same rank insignia (ie Captains/Colonels wear eagles and Majors/Lt. Commanders wear gold oak leafs).

Though I haven't gotten to that point in my DS9 rediscovery, having regular Starfleet ship personnel act as ground troops was a major failing. It just isn't reasonable, to have people who are trained for shipboard life and duties aboard exploratory vessels also be the people of choice for dedicated ground combat operations.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
West wore the insignia and flag rank stripe of a vice admiral.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Correct.
OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh. fuck me.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of Colonel West, the reason he's a Colonel and not a naval rank is because he's a riff on Iran-Contra figure Lt Colonel Oliver North (North, West, get it?). The name and rank are entirely a joke, albeit now a canonical one.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps