Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Gettin� comfy with Enterprise (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Gettin� comfy with Enterprise
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Because you're in rather desperate need of love and attention? Failing that, you just like it when UM makes you feel silly.
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*stumbles, dies*
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You liked that, huh? [Big Grin]
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I loved Enterprise. I suppose I'm not as deep a Star Trek fan as I used to be- I no longer care about ship designs and fan-fiction and conventions- but I do know a good show when I see it. Enterprise as a show on its own has good plot and great character development. Who cares if it doesn't fit what trekkie nerds believe is proper way Star Trek should be? Its only the first season, and we're seeing a side of Star Trek history that no one has seen before, so how can anyone really know how it is supposed to be?

My $.02

--------------------
The Legend of Jeff Raven: As told by himself

koy'peled Oy'tio
Member # 796

- posted      Profile for koy'peled Oy'tio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
watch the N word

--------------------
"Explore New Worlds"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that, so far, I'm sort of between camps. We stopped getting it in my little village, so I've had to wait for tapes. I went through T'Pol withdrawl for a couple weeks, but other than that, I didn't miss it terribly.

On the other hand, I find a couple things they're doing with it to be very nice. They're perhaps even learning from a couple instances of ball dropping with Voyager. They've got a couple of on going story lines that are nice. The Temporal Cold War is good and plays nicely with the fact that noone really seems to believe time travel is possible yet. I really hope they don't wrap it up next season.

Voyager started out with some on-going things, but pretty much dropped them.

DS9 did the best with continuing plots and connecting threads, and is, incedently, my favorite of the 5 series.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
koy, someone said 'Nee!'??

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Koy tries to be funny. Koy needs to leave. Yes.
The Defiant
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
No he don't. Koy makes good topics, unlike me...
Koy also has intellect to add to discussions, and doesn't flame or bash people like a couple people. Except for that on kinda thing back a little. But that's over. Koy, even though he can bee a little off sometimes, is a good friend and a potentially very valuable member of Flare, like Bernd or somebody. But we are all off sometimes.
So leave Koy alone and focus your bashing and flaming and insults at me.

[ June 03, 2002, 18:26: Message edited by: The Defiant ]

IP: Logged
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
****off thread
mmmm, it was a snay poke, a slight jab.... IF he were to call koy MIB, jr. then he'd be slamming him...

Lighten up man, stop drawing attention with the self pity bs, and drive on....
on thread***

I agree with the thread title, although I missed a lot when I was in exile... I'll catch the reruns this summer, if the VCR and I ever start getting along....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why do not the both of them in becoming quiet with their mouths of speak?

That good would be, yes.

The Defiant
Ex-Member

To get back to the orignal topic:

I am glad that Enterprise is getting less of the 'Voyager Effect' and is developing a style of it's own. The one problem with DS9's first season was that it tried to mimic the TNG style.
Enterprise, now having seen Shockwave, is now offically ahead of Voyager, and if the Temporal Cold War goes right, it will beat DS9. But it can't beat TNG or TOS, of course.
If Ent. pulls off a storyline while outside exploring space, then I know it will last seven seasons.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Defiant:
To get back to the orignal topic:

The one problem with DS9's first season was that it tried to mimic the TNG style.

First off, DS9's first season didn't copy TNG at all. In fact, they made a vast departure. They focused on internal crew conflicts. The plot lines tended to be more political, focusing on Bajor and the internal struggles there as well as on the exploration of the Gamma Quadrant. They had a few continuing plot lines throughout the season which is something TNG didn't pick up until later in its run. From the very beginning, DS9 was set up as more of a local story than TNG.

Secondly, how can Enterprise end up better than DS9 but not TNG when DS9's "problem" was mimicing TNG?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

The Defiant
Ex-Member

First off, I always felt that the early early episodes of DS9 trited to mimic TNG.
After DS9 took a life of it's own, it got worse.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

How exactly do you feel that DS9 tried to mimic TNG in it's early seasons? And how do you feel it got worse? Examples help discussion.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps