Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Gettin� comfy with Enterprise (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Gettin� comfy with Enterprise
Fedaykin Supastar
Member # 704

- posted      Profile for Fedaykin Supastar         Edit/Delete Post 
is it just me (probly is), but when Koy' and Defiant post - its like listening to someone who doesnt talk in complete sentence and one word comes to your mind "BLAH"....

neways, i would like to have jumped on the enterprise band wagon, lol, i have not even seen broken bow..living out in Asia and jetting out of ausralia the week b4 broken bow aired. oh well, i've kept clear of the spoilers. but with all the other trek, i didnt mind watching it ages after evryone else had seen it.

my PoV.

Buzz

--------------------
"Tom is Canadian. He thereby uses advanced humour tecniques, such as 'irony', 'sarcasm', and werid shit'. If you are not qualified in any of these, it will be risky for you to attempt to decipher what he means. Just smile and carry on."
- PsyLiam; 16th June

The Defiant
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, wrong topic.

How many times does that happen?

-----On a related note-----
quote:
Originally posted by Fedaykin Supastar:
is it just me (probly is), but when Koy' and Defiant post - its like listening to someone who doesnt talk in complete sentence and one word comes to your mind "BLAH"....

Since I can't PM you because the thing don't want to show up:

This might just be me, but...

It's the same with you.

[ June 04, 2002, 08:07: Message edited by: The Defiant ]

IP: Logged
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Point for Defiant. Boom.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After reading 'Gettin' comfy with Enterprise' for so long, I'm wondering if the next thread will be 'Making a move of Enterprise' or 'Gettin to second base with Enterprise.' Me, I just watch it when i can.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Defiant's not going to answer my question about DS9, is he?

[ June 05, 2002, 04:55: Message edited by: Aban Rune ]

The Defiant
Ex-Member

Whichun? Whar is it?
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
How exactly do you feel that DS9 tried to mimic TNG in it's early seasons? And how do you feel it got worse? Examples help discussion.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

The Defiant
Ex-Member

Oh, let's change that a little: I just got the feeling that it tried to outdo TNG too much in early seasons. The whole war arc ruined me. It was all to ratings bent for me. It would have been better if they saw ships going into battle and said 'Wul, I knu a Lt. McFish on that ship.' Only to be destroyed a few seconds later.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Well, the only thing I understand about that is that you're saying DS9 tried to outdo TNG early on and that the War Arc ruined it for you.

If you didn't like the war arc, I guess that's your opinion. Several people didn't. But the War arc wasn't early on. And how does DS9 trying to be better than TNG make it a bad show?

DS9 gave us a new look at Starfleet and at a different situation for SF officers to be in. Simply reating "it sucked" really does nothing for me.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps