Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Aquisition - Your thoughts? May contain $$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Aquisition - Your thoughts? May contain $$
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And what's with Rene A. doing an episode next week? I don't know if I like the idea of former regular cast members making cameos ... I dunno, it just somehow seems ... wrong. That might just be me, tho.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I couldn't tell Ethan was a Ferengi until I started to pick up some of his acting skills. Of course I knew that Jeff was in there because he acts almost the same in every character he plays.

I wonder if he'll break the record of playing the most different species record. He played human, Vorta, Ferengi, some alien in Voyager, Andorian, and I believe he played a Romulan though I am not sure.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
<excessive knowledge>
Guest Species Records:

Vaughn "I still wash glue out of my nostrils all summer long" Armstrong
(7 species, 10 characters)
  • Klingon x3 (Korris from "Heart of Glory", Korath from "Endgame", and fella from "Sleeping Dogs")
  • Cardassian x2 (Danar from "Past Prologue", Seskal from DS9's finale arc)
  • Romulan (Telek R'Mor from "Eye of the Needle")
  • ex-Borg drone (Two of Nine in "Survival Instinct")
  • Hirogen (Alpha guy from "Flesh and Blood")
  • Vidiian (Unnamed Captain from "Fury")
  • Human (Admiral Forrest, "Broken Bow" onwards)

Jeffrey "I'll only come back if they won't kill me" Combs
    (6 species, 7 or 11 characters depending on how you count Weyoun)
  • Unspecified Perv Alien (Tiron in "Meridian")
  • Ferengi x 2 (Brunt from "Family Business" onwards, Krem in "Acquisition")
  • Vorta x 1 or x 5 (Weyouns 4 through 8)
  • Human (Racist cop in "Far Beyond the Stars")
  • Unspecified Fu Manchu Alien (Penk in "Tsunkatse")
  • Andorian (Shran in "The Andorian Incident" and "Shadows of P'Jem")

Marc "Someday I'll settle down and play a recurring character" Alaimo
    (5 species, 7 characters)
  • Antican (Mr. Eat Fresh in "Lonely Among Us")
  • Romulan (Tebok in "The Neutral Zone")
  • Cardassian x 2 (Macet in "The Wounded" and Dukat)
  • Human x2 (Frederick LaRouque in "Time Arrow" and the other racist cop in "Far Beyond the Stars)
  • Bajoran (or at least Dukat as one)

Ethan "Look where my career took me after wrapping a principal role on UPN's #1 show" Phillips
    (3 species, 4 characters)
  • Ferengi x 3 (Dr. Farek in "Menage a Troi", Neelix-in-disguise-as-Grand-Proxy in "False Profits" and Ulis in "Acquisition")
  • Talaxian
  • Hologram (Cameo as Maitre 'd in First Contact)

</excessive knowledge>

[ March 30, 2002, 14:39: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

--------------------
    "I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

• Sol System
    two dollar pistol
    Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    Er...I thought the general consensus on Combs' acting skills was exactly the opposite. Krem may have looked like Brunt (I didn't particularly think so.), but he certainly didn't act like him, or like Shran, or Weyoun, all of whom I would say are quite distinct.
    Diane
    aka Tora Ziyal
    Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    Brunt was definitely not like Weyoun.
    Kosh
    Perpetual Member
    Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    I lauged all the way through the ep. I hope they don't use the Ferengi again, but it was worth it with Combs, Phillips and Clint Howard together.

--------------------
    Sparky::
    Think!
    Question Authority, Authoritatively.
    “Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
    EMSparks

Shalamar:
    To save face, keep lower half shut.

Grokca
    Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    Archer again pisses me off as a man of no-action. He had a lot of opportunities to take out the guy watching him and never did a thing. Kirk never would have stood for that.

--------------------
    "and none of your usual boobery."
    M. Burns

Mark Nguyen
    I'm a daddy now!
    Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    Let's not forget John Fleck! Two Romulans, a Karemma, a junkyard dealer, and of course Silik.

Mark

--------------------
    "This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
    The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Saiyanman Benjita
    ...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
    Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    Personally, I thought it was average. The writing of the episode was alright. The execution of the parts was good.

I think, however, that if they were to use the Ferengi, they should have saved it for later. It must have been a ploy in case the series flopped that was kept. I don't think they can get away with using the Ferengi in any future episodes without continuity cries from the continuity police.

Overall, I'd give it a 6 out of 10. Not the best episode yet, but not the worst. I don't think it'll be the "Trouble with Tribbles" of the series, but it definitely made people watch, which is the whole point of the series, eh?

--------------------
    You've got to be kidding!
    I'm wet, I'm naked, your sister is wearing my clothes
    And this is all part of some evil plot to rule the world as a soggy chimp in my BIRTHDAY SUIT???!!!

akb1979
    Just loves those smilies!
    Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    I haven't seen this episode and probably won't until BBC2 shows in 2003 or 2004 (or maybe even later). I saw a review of this on another page that had numerous articles on it. All I have to say is: this is Enterprise, not TNG or DS9! What the hell have Ferengi got to do with it!!!!???? I mean come on! The Stargazer/Enterprise-D was meant to have made first contact with them!!!

Jesus Christ! Are the creator and writers of Enterprise totally brain dead?????

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

--------------------
    If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
    astronauts gotta get paid
    Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    ...and scene!

Well, there you go.

Malnurtured Snay
    Blogger
    Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    AKB,

The crew of the Stargazer didn't even know who'd they'd encountered until TNG's "The Battle."

And if you remember your DS9, you know that the Ferengi made first contact in 1947. So bleh!

--------------------
    www.malnurturedsnay.net

Harry
    Stormwind City Guard
    Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    I'm afraid the BBC won't show it. Sky or Channel 4 or somesuch bought the rights in the UK. And I bet you can't have multiple channels buying the same series.

Oh, and I just rewatched "The Battle". The attack of the Ferengi on the Stargazer sounds quite like the thing the ENT Ferengi would do. The only weird thing is that the Marauder ships are a bit overpowered. And that we never heard of a structured Ferengi fleet with DaiMon's and rank-tattoos again in DS9.

[ May 08, 2002, 02:53: Message edited by: Harry ]

--------------------
    Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Timo
    Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    It seems that neither the ENT pirates or the "The Battle" Ferengi used a D'Kora class Marauder for their dirty work, though. Had the ship in "The Battle" been a D'Kora, Picard would surely have recognized the design when he saw a D'Kora in "The Last Outpost".

These pirates probably don't get top-of-the-line hardware. Nor are their crews probably the brightest bulbs in the great advertising screen of Ferengidom. Well-off merchants can better afford the big Marauders, which in turn may not be all that well suited for piracy due to their conspicuous bulk.

It's indeed strange that the "military" Ferengi disappear so completely in DS9. Then again, in TNG they were the folks who openly challenged the biggest enemy vessels (e.g. "Peak Performance"). Perhaps they were the state-sanctioned elite pirates or privateers of Ferenginar?

In DS9, there simply weren't any big ships to plunder, so naturally we only saw the petty criminals and the businessmen. Only a fool would have tried raiding the commerce anywhere near our Starfleet-backed heroes...

Timo Saloniemi

Harry
    Stormwind City Guard
    Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    The ship that attacked the Stargazer reportedly hid inside a crater on a moon. I imagine something similar in size to the ENT-ship, but with landing abilities.

--------------------
    Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
     - Printer-friendly view of this topic
    Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps