Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Spoilers for Season 2! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Spoilers for Season 2!
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2002-07/16/14.30.tv

Biggest news: Romulans are confirmed for early Season 2.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"The continuity is airtight"
So noone sees them or hears them. Not to strange considering TOS wanted us to believe an entire war was fought and peace treaties made without ever seeing or hearing eachother. I really wonder though if the sneaky Vulcans honestly don't know the Romulans are their dissident brothers.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TPTB have certainly set the show up with sufficient material to last quite a long time, if they play their cards right... we've got the Vulcan-Andorian conflict, the Temporal War, the upcoming foundation of the Federation, and now the Romulans to keep 'm busy. Nice to see ENT is starting to shape up.

quote:
"We've been very careful. The continuity is airtight. Believe me. We know. We know."
*searches for appropriate smiley to insert*
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think hearing the Romulans was ever a problem.
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Biggest news: Romulans are confirmed for early Season 2.
I just hope they're not flying D'Deridex class warbirds because the VFX department didn't have time to make a new ship.

quote:
Capt. Jonathan Archer (Scott Bakula) will get his "space legs.
Does this mean that he will stop getting beaten up by every alien he meets?

quote:
"We have some big surprises in store for T'Pol. Some very surprising character revelations for T'Pol."
Translation: Either she gets totally naked, or she goes through Pon Farr. Or perhaps she even (say it isn't so) actually gets some semblance of better writing for her character.

quote:
"One of the things we realized early on, when we were doing this series, was that there was a chance to make the Vulcans really interesting again...
Especially since the end of DS9, they've been basically characterized as high-and-mighty jerks, especially on Enterprise.

Note: My sarcastic, bullheaded comments are not to be taken as an attack on the show. They're just my sarcastic, bullheaded opinions. [Wink]

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I don't think hearing the Romulans was ever a problem.
I wonder. What if Hoshi finds out Romulan language is eerily similar to a certain Vulcan dialect?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While I suppose it's possible that either "Vulcan" or "Romulan" have taken the Latin to Italian route, and thus would remain obviously related to some distant tongue, it seems unlikely that both would. Of course, Hoshi is supposed to be a linguistic genius, and could probably do difficult things like figuring out ancient Saxon via English. But would she have any idea what language most Vulcans were speaking 2000 years ago? Though it might be breaking a timeworn Trek convention, there's no reason to assume that Vulcan was linguistically unified pre-Surak, and I doubt she'd have an easy time gaining access to linguistic data, especially if the Vulcans are keeping the Unpleasent Schism a secret.

Perfect question for Frank: do you suppose, hypothetically, that a totally alien observer would be able to figure out that Latin and Xhosa were spoken by members of the same species?

Er...of course, turning this into a real world question has some serious problems, seeing as how real aliens are unlikely to have a method for vocalizing that's anything like what we have, and thus you could probably pretty quickly tell that sound X can only be created by humans, and sound Y by the !Krit.

So, uh, what was the question?

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I see it now. Season 2 has ended, and we never saw the Romulans. Someone asks Braga why. He e-mails a freeze frame of episode 2.xx, with a circle around a small white a dot in the background and the text: "That's a Romulan vessel luring out there." [Razz]

--------------------
"And they had other stuff (...) like pictures of the Vulcan woman on Enterprise."
"OOOOhhh! Uhm, I mean: Nerds!"

- Willow and Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reading that 'interview' conjured up the crap stories we used to get before the start of each Voyager season. "Oh we are going to do more with such and such a character this year" - If they fucking well did the season well, then every character should have nice and equal episodes. DS9 season 1 was perfect. We got at least one strong episode for each character, a few silly episodes, a few 'group' episodes and a few 'double-up' episodes. PLUS we got the debuts of some FABULOUS recurring characters.

Oh, sorry DS9 and those who created it have long gone.

*Sigh*

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sing it Andrew! You're right... DS9 really set a nice groundwork with its first season. We got characters like Garak, Dukat, Opaka.. They really put something in there to be able to bring back every now and again.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Someday I hope to save up enough money to travel to this land where DS9's first season wasn't the slow and plodding affair with occasional glimmers of genius it was here.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This from someone who doesn't like B5 [Roll Eyes] [Wink]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

I'm not sure I see what that has to do with it, but, I've seen every episode of B5 twice. Who says I don't like it?
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're constantly complaining about the dialogue... Gives me the impression that you're not too fond of it. If I am mistaken, I apologize. [Smile]

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

What the? There was a hiccup in time... Damned Manheim effect.

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps