Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » News about Nomad(?) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: News about Nomad(?)
Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We should cue up the TOS fight scene music right now....say from Amok Time. That should setup some nice atmosphere [Smile]
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"...i have used english several times to tell you that i don't use capitals at the beginning of sentences when i write e-mail or post on internet forums."

So, what you're saying is that it's okay that you look ignorant, because you do it intentionally?

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
as a certain Michael Bolton would say, you guys can eat my ass.
IP: Logged
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ryan: look up the use of the word 'meanwhile' and its use in English grammar. The rest of the post wasn't about you, dimwit. I merely chose to single you out for ridicule because of your petulant whining that this thread was daring to drift away from its ostensible raison d'etre (something about Nomad, which = techie stuff, gosh what a surprise) to include such non-nerdlike elements as humour and, worse, things completely unrelated to Star Trek! I wouldn't go so far as to suggest you post in the Officer's Lounge, but do try to chill out a bit.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm confused as to why Jeff was shouting at himself.

quote:
do you understand the concept of english, PsyLiam? because i have used english several times to tell you
Sentences shouldn't begin with "because" in English. Therefore you are not posting English, but some strange language called "Alan".

quote:
it's what they use at the hardforum, anandtech forum, genmay forum, techzone forum, firingsquad
I have no idea what any of those are anyway. Although "genmay" sounds like some sort of sex-change in the summer months forum.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"you guys can eat my ass"

Is not this more "Bloodhound Gang"-ish? Like from that, ah, Ballad of Chasey Lain?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure whether you're joking or not, so I'll just point out that the "Michael Bolton" he was referring to is a character in the movie Office Space.

And, technically, sentences can start w/ "because" as often as you like. The problem is that "because" begins a dependent clause. If you don't include an independent clause as well, the sentence is incomplete. Because of this, he was still grammatically incorrect.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Office Space was a movie, right?
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Regardless of people talking Alan and shouting at themselves, that Nomad model looks pretty sweet, although it doesn't look very NASAish.

Nice touch to have this in someone quarters. It'll obviously not be used as a 'real' ship, because ENT VFX are 100% CGI.

And they've already looked at this probe before, because the Echo subspace amplifiers have the same type of solar panels.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poet:
Ryan: look up the use of the word 'meanwhile' and its use in English grammar. The rest of the post wasn't about you, dimwit. I merely chose to single you out for ridicule because of your petulant whining that this thread was daring to drift away from its ostensible raison d'etre (something about Nomad, which = techie stuff, gosh what a surprise) to include such non-nerdlike elements as humour and, worse, things completely unrelated to Star Trek! I wouldn't go so far as to suggest you post in the Officer's Lounge, but do try to chill out a bit.

Um, gee whiz, I thought the whole point of this new-fangled moderating gig was to make sure things stay on topic and in the right places. If you want to "drift away from its ostensible raison d'etre," go post someplace else. I don't give a flying rat's ass what you guys jabber about in the Officer's Lounge for shits and giggles, just shut the fucking door on your way out.

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

If someone posts a new thread in the wrong spot, move it. But threads go off-topic almost universally here. You're not supposed to try to make every single post in the ENT Forum be about nothing but ENT.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Um, gee whiz, I thought the whole point of this new-fangled moderating gig was to make sure things stay on topic and in the right places. If you want to "drift away from its ostensible raison d'etre," go post someplace else. I don't give a flying rat's ass what you guys jabber about in the Officer's Lounge for shits and giggles, just shut the fucking door on your way out.
Christ, he's a mod five minutes and already he's developed an ego the size of Simon's, er, you-know-what.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

man, the only reason i come here any more is because all the posts go off topic, usually with hilarious consequences. [Big Grin]
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And you're taking credit for that?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

no.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps