Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » A Night In Sickbay (possible $$$) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: A Night In Sickbay (possible $$$)
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I personally don't have much to say about this ep. I'm just curious as to the preview of the next ep. When did this become "Star Trek: Enterprise"?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Akira
Member # 850

- posted      Profile for Akira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
is it that now i missed the preview whats the next episode about?

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well .. it was ok.
When they said that the second season was going to be sexier - - they weren't kidding !

Don't get me wrong .. Jolene Blalock is one hot lil' woman .. but ... eesh.. I've never seen a vulcan so exploited before...

Now .. as a man... she looked a hot.. yup.. no doubt about it.

As a Trek fan... I think they took it a little far.. but hey.. ratings are ratings right???

Some good humour in the show -- but .. not much plot.

I'm looking forward to the next one ...

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
When did this become "Star Trek: Enterprise"?

UPN's ad department makes the ads, not the Enterprise people, so they probably just put the "Star Trek" in for the hell of it. It could have even been a mistake.

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And next week they're doing a rerun of "Shockwave, Part II" for some obscure reason. (There are new episodes coming again after this one rerun -- why they tossed that in there I have no idea.)

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Breast ... episode ... evah. [Wink]
Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The doctor would be good in Kiss.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Roddenberry did the same thing in the sixties and got away unscathed because, hey, it was a perfect time to make love not war.

'Course, back then, a few decon-chamber scenes here and there would've likely prevented Trek from being cancelled altogether.

I love ratings.

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose .. but sheesh ...

I just hope they don't do that too much -- it'd cheapen the show .. (Is cheapen a word?)

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like gratuitous sex just as much as the next guy, but honestly, that decon scene made me want to throw up. So now B&B are trying to pander to the lowest common denominator by showing quasi-lesbian undertones? This "sexier" Star Trek is so ridiculous. This is so NOT what I want to see in Star Trek.

As for "Star Trek: Enterprise," I figured that TPTB had realized that their pitiful PR campaign to cater this show to a non-Star Trek audience was a dismal failure, and that they are now letting everyone know that "This IS Star Trek!" instead of "This is nothing like Star Trek! You're gonna love it!!!"

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i on the other hand cheer quasi lesbian undertones. unless theyre butch or something.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The next new episode is about a mining town, I think. Firefly crossover! No. But there's a colony of miners/refiners/extractors coming up, and I think it may be the next new one.
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So now B&B are trying to pander to the lowest common denominator by showing quasi-lesbian undertones?
Hey, people have been clamoring for the 'first gay character in Star Trek' for years.

They just ASSUMED they were gonna get a Man Train episode.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A lesbian Vulcan though... kinda makes you wonder how different the Vulcans are during this century.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok. In this epsidoe. the first decon room scene was like all the others, the other one was a dream.

I had no problems with both. They were not cheap, and they were relivily short. Overall this was a very heart-warming episode.

Why does this board go crazy when there is sexual content in a Trek series? You people always over react and anything sexy is IMMEDIATELY A DESPRATE MOVE FOR MORE RATINGS, OMG!

I'm sorry some of you probably come from a strong christian family and think its wrong to masturbate and having sex before marrage is OH NO KILLING BABY JESUS, but in real life, stuff like this happens, and its rather enjoyable. The decon scenes in this episode contributed to the story AND were a pleasure to watch.

I'm sorry most of you were most likely raped as a child.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps