Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » A Night In Sickbay (possible $$$) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: A Night In Sickbay (possible $$$)
darkwing_duck1
Member # 790

- posted      Profile for darkwing_duck1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:
And next week they're doing a rerun of "Shockwave, Part II" for some obscure reason. (There are new episodes coming again after this one rerun -- why they tossed that in there I have no idea.)

The World Series is next week, IIRC. They don't want to put one of their "big eps" (Klingons) up against it and have the ratings tank because of baseball.
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hey, people have been clamoring for the 'first gay character in Star Trek' for years.
No, IIRC, it's the gay community that have been clamoring for the 'first gay character in Star Trek' for years. As if this will somehow make their lives more meaningful.

However, my statement was not meant as gay-bashing. Not in the least. My point was that cheap gratuitous sexual situations strictly for ratings purposes should not be what a science-fiction show, especially Star Trek, should be about today. Never mind what GR did in the '60's. It's pretty lame in comparison. I'm talking the 21st century here. I'm talking about a show that has had three (or at least two) preceeding shows which worked out just fine without all of these ridiculous sexual undertones. And Proteus, if you have some of that weed left that you're smoking, please pass it my way.

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dukhat:
quote:
Hey, people have been clamoring for the 'first gay character in Star Trek' for years.
No, IIRC, it's the gay community that have been clamoring for the 'first gay character in Star Trek' for years.
Silly gay community... they actually think they are people. When will they learn? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Christ, next they'll want equal rights too.....
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We can sit here and argue opinions until we're blue in the face. What person A thinks is great! A-OK person B will think is atrocious. So why can't we just agree to disagree and bury the 'sexiness on Enterprise' debate alongside the 'length of the Defiant' debate, mmm'kay? [Smile]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Silly gay community... they actually think they are people. When will they learn?
Wonderful, Ryan. You're the second person to take what I said totally out of context. But you're right, Topher. I'm just getting sick of talking about this any more.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And here I thought I was just being silly. Relax, I knew what you meant.

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
i didn't see anything wrong with the episode. i can't reemember another episode that has delved into the captains sexual frustrations before, and i found the decon scene to be rather tasteful. it didn't show anything that it shouldn't, and it got across the point that Archer was very attracted to T'Pol. she is the breast science officer ever, and she can send me her lips anytime she wants. when ever i see those tame Kitassians, or whatever they are called, i keep wanting to pilot a Sovereign to their damn planet and Quantumn Torpedo them into the stone age. damn prickly bastards. i never saw Picard set the time on the Enterprise to the capital city of some stupid bunch of asshats. Picard was the breast.
IP: Logged
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

i just watched that ceremony at the end, and any people who have a ceremony like that REALLY REALLY REALLY need to be nuked into oblivion. just my breast opinion.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Kreetassans though, are one of the better Aliens of the Week. They actually have a different culture than humans, while most other (especially Voyager's) AOTWs were basically humans with bumpy heads.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

yeah, they do have a very different culture, which is why i want to nuke them so badly [Big Grin]
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
breast science officer ever
quote:
just my breast opinion.
Freudian slip, or did you do that on purpose?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Duh. Three times actually, its not a slip, he's just trying to be an angst-filled foul mouthed preteen.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I enjoyed this episode.
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

quote:
Originally posted by Mucus:
Duh. Three times actually, its not a slip, he's just trying to be an angst-filled foul mouthed preteen.

man, must really be a prude to think that the word "breast" is foul. who are you, John Ashcroft?

quote:
Oringially posted by Snay:
Freudian slip, or did you do that on purpose?

it was obviously on purpose.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps