Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Enterprise "Hate Site" (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Enterprise "Hate Site"
Warbadden Hawkins
Member # 905

- posted      Profile for Warbadden Hawkins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone ever seen this site? I thought it was great. Hope to get some replys.Enterprise Site

--------------------
Captain Hawkins
USS Delphronta

BTW [,.??,;,"",' the, it, outran.]

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You thought it was great? I'd hate to see what you consider terrible.

This site makes me appreciate the majority of the people here who dislike Enterprise. At least they can make a point and get me to see and understand their point of view. This guy is just all over the place. And he ain't even funny.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Warbadden Hawkins
Member # 905

- posted      Profile for Warbadden Hawkins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I knew you liked Pineapples, so I had the chef cook you some eggs. Because they kinda look like pineapples if you pretend."

That is hilarious, although my personell opinons are simple blabber.

--------------------
Captain Hawkins
USS Delphronta

BTW [,.??,;,"",' the, it, outran.]

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I knew you liked Pineapples, so I had the chef cook you some eggs. Because they kinda look like pineapples if you pretend." is many things, none of which are hilarious. Or funny.
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Because if I can see so many great potential scenes that were lost or never filmed, or so many badly written scenes that were put on film, then that is proof that I can do a good show of my own."

No.

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
that site is about the dumbest thing i've ever seen.
IP: Logged
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I said, he's all over the place. And his logic is, as well. I can't quite follow the stream of thought that goes from weak-comedy-site-slamming-Enterprise to I'm-going-to-be-a-fabulous-producer. Reminds me of the business strategy of South Park's Underwear Gnomes.

Step 1: Post the diatribes that my dog laughs at on the Internet.
Step 2: ?
Step 3: Bag hot chicks with the red convertible I'll be driving as a rockin' producer.

That Step 2 is a bitch.

Member # 239

"The Series will feature the largest cast of characters ever for a Television Series, and an incredible sense of continuity as we build up storylines, like "Babylon 5", "Homicide: Life on the Street" and "Captain Power"."
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I have learned a lot about those acters! And those complaints that no characters are promoted or killed in the pilot. Spot on. Spot on.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Welcome to my Enterprise pages located at First TV Drama.com. As someone who is trying to get his own show going, I see an opportunity to hone my skills by breaking down my potential future competition.
An absolutely brilliant strategy, man!

I started out by reading a few of the reviews. He seems to think that "nitpicking = reviewing." But you, sir, are no Cynic. He does make a few interesting points there, but he seems to take the whole so-called "analysis" to the extreme and uses some pretty silly examples to justify it.
quote:
Can someone explain how a race, who strives on trading with multiple different races, can survive centuries through the time periods of Archer, Pike, Kirk, Decker, Harriman, Garrett and into Picard's time before first contact is even made? Come on Producers, even Bigfoot was caught on tape.
Bigfoot? Oh yeah, that's a GREAT example to justify your position!

(As an aside, though, I will concede one interesting nit that I've never seen mentioned before: "The Ferengis are SO thorough in their search for the vault, they manage to overlook the ONE room with a lock on it and not even try to break in." -- Daniel's quarters!)

*reads more*

Okay, this guy is officially all over the place. Just check out his endorsement of having the NX-01 perform a saucer separation. Good grief!

This is a prime example of a devoted Trek fan with extreme delusions of importance and the firm belief that he knows everything. Well, that's impossible! Not only is Star Trek still part of a business that's supposed to MAKE MONEY, but the writers do NOT produce the show simply to pander to our personal ideals. And even if the show did adhere to one person's idea of a good Trek show, it would probably be dismissed by a bunch of others as completely wrong.

"You can please all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time."

It's even more galling to think that one of the reasons this guy is ripping into Enterprise is because he thinks that he's got a chance of writing a better television show (with the implication of having it produced in the real world). I used to think that way, a year or two ago. But after gaining a bit of writing experience of my own, I've realized that it's a damn difficult job. I may not agree with all of the decisions that B&B make, but at least the show they make is reasonably entertaining and has a fairly strong connection to the other Trek series (even if all of the continuity isn't perfect, the worst violations notwithstanding).

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Warbadden Hawkins
Member # 905

quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:
[QUOTE]I may not agree with all of the decisions that B&B make, but at least the show they make is reasonably entertaining and has a fairly strong connection to the other Trek series (even if all of the continuity isn't perfect, the worst violations notwithstanding).

Give me some examples of when they even tried to connect with TOS, B+B have nearly eliminated TOS altogether.
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

He's definitely been watching too many Transformers episodes, MinutiaeMan. That saucer separation is mind-boggling, to say the least. In the process, something magical happens to the thingamabob suspended between the nacelles -- it disappears so that the catamarans can swing together. Plus, the only way to fit 80+ crew members in the "Enterprise warp ship" would be to borrow Voyager's shuttle storage technology.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Warbadden Hawkins:
Give me some examples of when they even tried to connect with TOS, B+B have nearly eliminated TOS altogether.

lets see here, connections to TOS. the reintrocduction of TOS species like Andorians. the TOS style communicators. T'Pol's science station. Regulan Bloodworms. the saucer on the front of the NX-01. the Romulan ships looking similar to the RBoP. gun shaped hand weapons. vernacular speaking chief engineers. TOS warp scale.... i could go on for a while.
IP: Logged
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

quote:
Let's see, visits or mentions of the Andorian, Tellarites, and Coridians. A bridge that is a darker palette of colors from "The Cage." T'Pol's science station viewer. A launch bay that has to be depressurized and repressurized. Ladders with unexplained purposes in the middle of sets. A uniform branch color code that has Command Gold, Ships Services Red, and Sciences blue. Nacelles that, for the most part, match the original Enterprise's nacelles. A continuity with the early history of the Romulans that has thus far been maintained (other than the major foul-up of the cloaking devices). A honest-to-goodness communications officer that does something, is frequently afraid, and uses an earpiece. A weapons-firing procedure that, thus far, seems to resembles "The Balance of Terror"s procedure. An actual chef who may start screaming about his turkeys when Thanksgiving gets closer. Flip-out communicators and computer disks that are sized like 3.5 floppy disks.

That's just off of the top of my head.

That's not to say that Berman and Braga haven't screwed up in places, because we all know that they have. However, yes, there is a continuity between Enterprise and The Original Series.

--------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is an idiot site. We are now all a little bit dumber for having viewed it. I reccommend that the site owner be fed to the targs, and the original poster be turned over to the Solanagen-based aliens for vivisection.

Be glad you caught me in a good mood.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps