Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Enterprise "Hate Site" (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Enterprise "Hate Site"
Yamashiro Den
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
actually, friends and supporters have to be earned, they aren't given away just for signing up, so i'm not convinced that he has any. hell, i still don't any.
IP: Logged
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be your friend. Provided I get a couple hours alone with your pumpkin.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Yamashiro Den
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
in other news, the Giants just blew the fucking Angel's to Hell. down the the halo booyah!
IP: Logged
Warbadden Hawkins
Member # 905

- posted      Profile for Warbadden Hawkins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sure at least now i have one friend..... and no pumpkin....

--------------------
Captain Hawkins
USS Delphronta

BTW [,.??,;,"",' the, it, outran.]

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I noticed the "First TV Drama" site some time ago (I think it was linked from Trektoday). While there are many valid points and a few good laughs, there is overall no consistency in the reviews themselves. No rules, no clear direction, no conclusions. The way they are done they could make fun of each and everything and are just not suited to specifically mock about Enterprise.

But the site is very mild compared to a *real hate site* which is unfortunately in German. That site is claiming to be satire. But actually it is using using the dirtiest possible language and the dullest adolescent arguments to butcher every aspect of Star Trek and specifically Enterprise.
http://www.zynika.de/enterprise/index.php

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
real hate site
I know the guys who run this site for nearly 3 years and they like Star Trek (especially TNG). They've just a very weird way to show that.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You call that "weird" that with every sentence they insult the people who are making the show and who are watching it? This has nothing to do with satire. If at all, it is the most primitive kind of intolerant and childish humor, with clear fascist tendencies. Its only purpose is to entertain dedicated Star Trek haters, and I despise them for that.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right ON!
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

Flame on and take this to the Flameboard?

Unfortunately I will be gone for the next few days, so I couldn't take part in the debate. But there is indeed a parallel to M*** W*** who also claims that he likes Star Trek. Yes, and Osama bin Laden is a philanthrope.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gee, exaggerating just a bit?
"fascist...Osama Bin Laden..."
Its a website people!

Not only do such comments belittle people that have to deal with the real thing out in this little thing we call "the real world", it reminds me of a quote, paraphrased loosely: "Americans are all in favour of free speech, until someone actually uses it."

Lets just say there are much bigger problems in this world to deal with than some attention craving adolescent running a website.

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

I have no problems with assholes like Wong or the people of st-enterprise, but with the people who listen to them. The stupid ones who just soak up their propaganda and cheer when others are insulted. But also the more intelligent ones who think they must defend their damn right of speech or even some of their ideas. The scale is different, but the symptom is the same as with political hate propaganda. I will never tolerate intolerance!

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I will never tolerate intolerance!

Doesn't that make you intolerant?

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hypocritical to a degree...

But it is a good way to be in that particular case...

I, hell, anyone could rant like that for any show... and some would make more since....

plus his ideas seem pretty rough, it's gonna take a lot of show time to name everyone, which is where his 1,100 pages probably come from...

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bernd, I agree with your views on the site and it's authors.

But there's one quote that had me ROFL: (Sorry that it's in German but for those who do understand: enjoy!)

quote:
"Eben die typische Voyager-Logik, die wir seit Jahren kultisch verehren: Schiff kaputt? Die Decks 3 bis 5 treiben nach einem Kampf teilnahmslos im All? Kein Problem! - Der Uhu im Haus erspart den Zimmermann!

Vorbei die Zeiten, in denen nach w�sten Raumk�mpfen ein l�ngerer Aufenthalt in einer Raumstation angesagt war: Heute kittet Naomi Wildman H�llenbr�che mit Spucke, w�hrend die Badewanne des Captains zur neuen Warpgondel umgebaut wird... "

That was my feeling exactly during most part of Voyager's run.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Babelfish liked that quote:

"Evenly the typical Voyager logic, which we admire for years ritually: Ship broken? Deck 3 to 5 float after a fight participateless in the universe? No problem! - the eagle owl in the house saves the Carpenter!

"Past the times, in which after wild space fights a longer stay was announced in a space station: Today Naomi Wildman cements covering breaks with spits, while the bath tub of the Captains is converted to the new Warpgondel..."

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps