Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » -= $$ North $tar $$ =- (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: -= $$ North $tar $$ =-
Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No one has reacted - and again - i am the first to post a reaction - and I look forward to some debate on this one.

This one, I think was an OK ep. I didn't wow me. Very low-tech, so they gave the FX dudes a break for a change. Again - I'd like to point out a continuing arc in my posts: No Mayweather again in this episode. As some people have said, they may as well write the poor bastard out of Enterprise all together.

And it's not like i like his character.. i just wanted to see him grow in to a Sulu type character. But as it is always in Star Trekian tradition - only 3 character are prevelant..

TOS: Kirk, Spock and McCoy.
TNG: Picard, Data, Riker (w/ honorable mention to LaForge)
DS9: Sisko, Dax, Odo (w/ honorable mention to Kira)
Voy: Janeway, 7of9 and 7of9 (w/ honorable mention to 7of9 and Janeway)

and now - here we are - Enterprise: Archer, Trip and T'Pol.

Now - back to the episode.

I think it was a good vacation from the space-faring storylines. Every Star Trek series has now done a "Western" episode. Kudo's to the FX guys for making Archer's shoulder explode! That was cool. I found the characters likable - and i wanted to punch the deputy in the face the minute he openned his mouth - so he was convincing enough for me.

LIke I said - it didn't wow me.. but just taking it for pure entertainment value .. i like it enough...

My favorite scene: When T'Pol is taken hostage.. and Reed shoots her with the phase pistol - and then shoots the cowboy .. I loved it!!

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was dreading the episode buuuuut...
I really loved the episode.
...by far Trek's best and only plausable western.

They actually managed to take the WORST premise of TOS and make areally really good episode!
No "parrallel earth" crap either!

Moment of true greatness: Reed stuns T'Pol!
No wonder he's my favorite character!
GO REED!

Archer getting shot was particularly gruesome too.
The deputy was so damn dispicable that I wanted him to die.
Badly.

Bakula's acting was far above par...this whole season has shown all the actors coming into their own.
Except Mayweather, but I've heard that actor asked for time off.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"DS9: Sisko, Dax, Odo (w/ honorable mention to Kira)"

With honorable mention to everyone else on the cast. Even to Morn, talkative bastard that he was. B)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Morn said far more intelligent things than either Dr.Crusher ot Troi.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think Morn said far more intelligent things than either Dr.Crusher ot Troi.
WAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Morn: "I sense -- *gurgle* that I have a medical condition that *gurgle* makes me feel and sense that my liquid latinum is coming up" *Latinum spills from his lips upon the table!*

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And to be fair to VOY, they also had the Doctor.

And TNG also had enough time for all of the crew, IMO. Only in the movies do they largely focus on Picard and Data.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Oh, that's just because Worf was on DS9 and Geordi became Mr. I'll-get-the-ship-blown-up-by-LOSERS in Generations.
Nobody wants to see any more of him than that nice scene in Insurrection on the bridge.
Troi's role in Nemesis was small but imprornant.
I'd frankly rather see Wesley on the big screen than his mom.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Am I forgetting when DS9 did a western? And Voyager too... I don't remember a Voyager Western either. TNG had Fist Full of Datas. TOS had an episode whose name I don't remember.

Remind me.

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Spectre of the gun"

And I believe that VOY wasn't that bad when it comed to secondary characters [Smile]

So, anyway, it was another pointless episode. It would be ok if it was 2nd season episode, but now? I thought they were supposed to fight with Xindi threat?

But I'm not saying that this was bad episode... It was quite good, actually... Go Reed go! [Smile]

And Mayweather had one line. One damn line... What the hell is with those people? They created series with seven main characters. Not six. Seven. Even that barber had more screentime than poor Travis.

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder how those acters get paid? Is he getting screwed in his paycheck, because he only gets one line, a week?

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Probably.

I just wish actors got paid less when their performances sucked.
Ol' Brad Pitt and Keannu Reeves would be on food stamps.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
I just wish actors got paid less when their performances sucked.
Ol' Brad Pitt and Keannu Reeves would be on food stamps.

Shatner would have had little trouble keeping his weight down, too.
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Because Brad Pitt is not a terrific actor.

At all.

Not good, at least.

Not good.

At least.

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

Aban - yip.. the holosuite western with Worf and Alexander as cowboys !! Personally - i didn't like any of the eps with Alexander in it.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Anything focusing on Alexander or Troi is your cure to watch something....anything else.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps