Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Federation task force in DS9 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Federation task force in DS9
Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just recieved the latest issues of star trek fact files yesterday. To my big surprise, there is a chart with standard ship-silouettes showing which starship-classes participated in the task force liberating DS9.
It states, apart from the standard ship-classes, that these classes were present: Ambassador, Miranda-class variants, Constitution-refit.
Now, I realize that this could be either an error on part of the magazine, or that the ships in question could be way back.
My question is this, has anybody seen this onscreen?

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Alpha Centauri
Usually seen somewhere in the Southern skies
Member # 338

- posted      Profile for Alpha Centauri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I recall it correctly, I did see some Mirandas. But Ambassadors? Constitution-refits? Nope.

CONSTITUTION REFITS????!!!!

------------------
Signature.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We wish...

There was also an erroneous diagram seen in "Favor the Bold" (and reprinted in the DS9 Tech Manual) that depicts Nebula and Norway class ships being part of the force that retook the station. However, we know that these CGI models were not used i nthe fight scenes. I believe that the Fact Files are making assumptions yet again.

Not that it's a BAD assumption or anything... If they had usable Connies in orbit around Qualor II or something, I'm sure they'd drag 'em into service.

Mark

------------------
"Why build one, when you can build two at twice the price?"

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SOME Miranda's???

The ship variants seen in the DS9 Tech manual are all supposed to be in the episode 'Time to Stand'. At least two were found, the others are most probably in the back of the 'fleet' seen in the very first scene of the episode.

------------------
"That's your plan? Wile E. Coyote would come up with a better plan than that!"
- Crighton, Farscape.

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And there were no Ambassador class ships at all visible in the war.

------------------
"That's your plan? Wile E. Coyote would come up with a better plan than that!"
- Crighton, Farscape.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just because we didn't see them doesn't mean they weren't there...

------------------
Chickety china, the chinese chicken, you have?

Alpha Centauri
Usually seen somewhere in the Southern skies
Member # 338

- posted      Profile for Alpha Centauri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah... this wish was expressed several times before now, but I can't resist saying it: it would be good to see an Ambassador again. *sigh*

------------------
Signature.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark: IIRC, there weren't any Norways in the battle scenes, but there were one or two Nebula CGI's.

I have an Okudagram I found somewhere which basically shows the same chart as in the episode and in the tech manual, but with one small exception: The last ship looks to be yet another Intrepid variant. It has the same saucer and secondary hull as an Intrepid, but directly underneath the engineering hull is what appears to be an upside-down Constitution nacelle. It's kinda small, and I can't prove if it's an authentic O-gram. It looks pretty authentic, though.

------------------
Star Trek: Legacy

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I know there *are* nebbies around. But In "Favor the Bold" (the one that graphic was ment for)and "Sacrifice of Angels", there weren't. A Nebula didn't show up until the USS Honshu in "Waltz", and then not again until the final few episodes.

Ooh, do you have this graphic online? Might we be able to see it? There's an Intrepid variant in the DS9 manual that has an Intrepid spoon section mated to a Connie secondary hull, with Miranda nacelles attached to them by oversized Danube engine housings. Is that the one?

Mark

------------------

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have also seen this graphic and no, it isn't the proto-intrepid (which I like to think is the bradbury-class) seen in the DS9 tech manual. Thie one is literally just a side view of the intrepid with what looks like a small pod directly attached to the underside of the secondary hull. It is similar to strapon modules featured on the New Orleans-class.

------------------
We attack tommorow, under cover of daylight!

Bjoern R
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all, hi to everyone!

To Mark: Yes, it is true that there was no Nebula in "Favor the Bold" and no one in the battle sequences in "Sacrifice of Angels" but iirc, there was one Nebula docked to DS9 to the very end of SoA after DS9 was recaptured.

Bj�rn

IP: Logged
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Tou-shay, sir, and welcome!

Not in the battle scenes of "Angels", then. But yes, they were there.

Mark

------------------

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And a big, beautiful one in that horrible baseball-ep!

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

...Which is a re-use of the Prometheus footage from "Second Sight".

Mark

------------------

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd be happy to post the chart, if someone could please give me the link to the Flare upload page. I seem to have forgotten the address.

------------------
Star Trek: Legacy

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps