Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Federation task force in DS9 (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Federation task force in DS9
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sisko could also have been tasked with command of wings of fighters. Perhaps several wings (each comprising perhaps half a dozen fighters) were embarked on USS Galaxy, or aboard Galaxy class ships in general, and once these were deployed, Sisko was in command of them.
He could also humbly call for some starships to perform some maneuvers for him. And since he had formulated this whole plan, he could have been given special powers to make general sweeping statements like "battle starts now!" or "all forces, unto the breach now!" or "start phase three!". He would not command the actual mechanics of starship battle, though, but would leave that to properly trained flag officers aboard properly equipped command ships.

After all, Sisko did primarily order around those fightercraft, both in "SoA" and "What We Leave Behind"...

Timo Saloniemi

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope sorry. Good theory, but it isn't what happened. The special effects were very consistant with what was said. Sisko ordered the Galaxy wings to engage the Galor class destroyers. And after that we actually saw several Galaxy class ships shooting the crap out of a Galor class.

------------------
I thought a professional demon chaser like yourself would've figured it out by now. I'm the Slayer. Slay-er. Chosen One. She-who-hangs-out-a-lot-in-cemeteries? Ask around. Look it up: "Slayer, comma, the."
- Buffy, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man I gotta watch that ep again, really take in the details of it. We need to savor the few action scenes we're given...

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps