Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Intrepid-class Deck Plans (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Intrepid-class Deck Plans
Tech Sergeant Chen
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Tech Sergeant Chen         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's an MSD of the Prometheus here. Notice the three separate bridges for multivector assault, even though MVA mode is supposed to be fully computer coordinated.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Deffie is too big in scale with the V'ger if you are comparing the two bridges... have a look... the Deffie's bridge isn't LONGER than V'gers?

------------------
"This is cooling, faster than I can..." Tori Amos "Cooling"

Balapoel
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andrew,
I was the one that put the composite image together for Bernd, the MSDs were from various sources, though. The point I was trying to make was that going by the deck heights only, one would get a different length ratio between the defiant and voyager (notice the blue 'ticks' at the right side of the pic).

Ben

------------------
Bureaucracy destroys initiative. There is little that bureaucrats hate more than innovation, especially innovation that produces better results than the old routines. Improvements always make those at the top of the heap look inept. Who enjoys appearing inept?
-A Guide to Trial and Error in Government, Bene Gesserit Archives.

IP: Logged
Long Tom
Ex-Member

Excelsior deck plans as well ?

It was certainly my lucky day when I found this forum.

Thanks Treknophyle

Long Tom

Long Tom
Ex-Member

Treknophyle

Something else occurs to me. I'm sure some of you reading this may have already purchased a set of the Avenger/Miranda plans available on the web at this site
http://members.aol.com/FH1860/

Might it be worth you talking to them re production and distribution of your Intrepid Plans? I know the Miranda plans weren't in colour but the plans are of reasonable reproduction quality, so I assume these guys have access to some good print facilities.

Just a thought.

Long Tom

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yah. I hadn't thought about the quantity you'd need to sell to get your money out of it. Plus, you'd have to spend the time networking and what not to get the word out. I'll beinterested to know what you decide to do though.

As for the Sovvie poster, IIRC some of the major features of the ship are enumerated below the cutaway. The thing is far from cannon but is nevertheless well done.

I'll see if I can find it (it's packed up some where). Scanning will be a major effort since it's huge. I may need a few days on that one... Maybe we can start with something small like a listing of all the compartments it calls out or something.

------------------
"You don't tug on Superman's cape.
You don't spit into the wind.
You don't pull the mask off the ole' Lone Ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Long Tom:
I am aware of the Miranda plans, the person responsible phones me some time ago and we discussed our two concepts. I believe that he is presently involved in creating a new set of Ent-A plans - at the same scale as his Miranda plans.
As far as the Intrepid plans are concerned, I gathered the impression that (being full colur) they were a bit too big of a job.

Aban Rune:
Thanks, I'd be happy and grateful for any help you could give.

------------------
Faster than light - no left or right.

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FYI: Jackill says that in the 10+ years he's been publishing his books and data sheets he's never been contacted by Paramount lawyers. He realizes that if they wanted to they could find him easily.

------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Their attention waxes and wanes. I suspect it's probably due to ever-changing management philosophies at Viacom.

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

Dan Stack
Member # 516

- posted      Profile for Dan Stack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Treknophyle,

I too am a proud owner of your Enterprise-A plans, though they're getting a bit worn. I suspect if you do have a boxful you'd probably have some luck selling them on the web - I'd get another set.

You mentioned you had done Excelsior deckplans back around 1990. In addition to being excited about the forthcoming Intrepid plans, I've always been fond of the Excelsior. Care to divulge any info about those? Any rough idea when those will be PDF-ed?

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Treknophyle: Ack! Still haven't been able to dig up that Sovvie poster (it's in a pile of posters somewhere from when I moved in). It'll have to be next week. S'at cool?

------------------
"You don't tug on Superman's cape.
You don't spit into the wind.
You don't pull the mask off the ole' Lone Ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dan Stack:
Did I say a boxful? Try several boxes of the plans.

Regarding the Excelsior - it will be some time before I can access these old Zip discs, but I will post them (if they have survived...)

Aban Rune:
Take your time. I'm using the interval to adapt a 3d version of the ship - constructing all of the internal major systems, spaceframe, etc. If I decide to publish these plans as a CD-ROM (interactive), rotating 3d models which dissolve to display internal systems may make great eye-candy.
I'll post some screenshots of the work-in progress later.

------------------
Faster than light - no left or right.

Tech Sergeant Chen
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Tech Sergeant Chen         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go ahead and post them on eBay at $5 a pop. At worst you'll get $5, which is more than just letting them sit around.

------------------
Never give up. Never surrender.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could you by any chance post a sample of the Enterprise-A blueprints?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.27 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with four eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
"The candidate who slimed John McCain in the primaries and smeared Al Gore in the general election is now the president who pledges to elevate the nation's tone and bring civility to our discorse. Kind of like Michael Corleone brought peace to the mob by killing the heads of the other four families."
--Paul Begala, Is Our Children Learning?

Re'k
Ex-Member

Treknophyle:

1) I wish to acquire two sets each of the Enterprise-A schematics, and the Intrepid schematics when completed. The transaction should be easy: you're somewhere in Vancouver, I live in Coquitlam and work downtown.

2) I have a Zip drive and a cablemodem. If you have the Zip discs and just not a Zip drive available, I may be able to help you extract those Excelsior files. And I'd also like a copy of those.

3) You're the guy who wrote Starfleet Dynamics, which is quite honestly my favorite Trek techbook? I saw a copy years back, and managed to find a copy on eBay four months ago. If you've still got copies of that, I've got a buyer in my Star Trek RPG group.

--Re'k of Xenex
--aka Nelson of Coquitlam

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps