Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Nebula-Class Starships are UGLY! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Nebula-Class Starships are UGLY!
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An honest mistake, (some of us don't know how to post images anyway for one: me!)

------------------
Predict the unpredictable, but how do you unpredict the unpredictable?

BRUTUS
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Nebula-Class Starships are UGLY!"

Oh yeah? Well...y..your UGLY!

:P

Andrew R, yeah I hate the current streamlining. The Sovereigns have some elements I like but I don't like the indistinct separation between the primary and secondary whole. Looks like someone stepped on it and the thing squished and slid forward at the same time. Very annoying.

I've always loved that opening shot of the Enterprise-D in TNG where it sort of descends onto the screen. You know the one? It's so grand and majestic and I love it.

IP: Logged
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's still hard to access this page.
TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
don't look at me
must be those other pics posted by Ace

what connection do you guys use?
i play online regularly and thought the whole world must be on cable now.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some people don't have access to ultra-high-speed connections.

------------------
"Lately I've noticed that everyone seems to trust me. It's really quite unnerving. I'm still trying to get used to it."
- Garak, "Empok Nor"

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I have a 277kbit DSL, it's still weird.
The trick with this page is to let it load the normal time, then press the "stop" button in your unrelenting browser, and it will skip the picture and simply show the page.
Not that we should accept this strange "power-drain", it could come in other threads...

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His turnip not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bah! And here I was defending you thinking you had a lowly 56K modem like me. Well, never again!

------------------
"Lately I've noticed that everyone seems to trust me. It's really quite unnerving. I'm still trying to get used to it."
- Garak, "Empok Nor"

Nim
Member # 205

Oh no!! Now I will never blend in with the people standing around the water dispenser... Damn society classes!!

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His turnip not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uhm, mister TheF0rce, why do you put ?1 after every picture? Sure it works, God only knows why. But you can remove that and it still works. Also I think that's the problem with the loading time.

------------------
Terry: "Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, ...."
Max: "And?"
Terry: "I forgot."
Max: "Come on, Clinton was the fun one, then came the boring one."
Terry: "They're all boring."

- Batman Beyond (aka: Batman of the Future)

TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just copy and pasted-i don't understand why there is a one eigther
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a mere 56K connection and the page loaded fine...

------------------
Flare: Where sarcasm is just one more service we offer.
Federation Starship Datalink: Brand new look, fresh minty scent, same great taste!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PsyLiam. Re Galaxy Class ships and 'zippyness' I didn't say that, or I didn't mean that the Galaxy's have been zippy... I'm talking about ships like Akiras and Sovereigns... and well every ship since the CGI has been used more heavily...

and Actually the Galaxy's might have been a bit lumbering in tSoA but they're still zippy... look at the 'background' galaxys... and look at having those two galaxy's so close when they both attack the Cardassian cruiser.

Andrew

------------------
"Yar, a lesbian? That girl had a sex drive! First, Data in Naked Now, then, in
Hide and Q, she hits on Picard! "Oh, if only you weren't the captain..." God! If
Denise Crosby hadn't left the series, she'd've slept with the entire senior staff by
now!" Jeff Kardde - March 7, 2001

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I thought it was cool to see those two Galaxy-Class starships gang up on the Galor. It was...sweet. You see one in the distance approaching as you watch from the Galor's point of view. Suddenly, another Galaxy just strolls right by and fires on you. Before you know it, the other one that was coming hits you hard (judging from the explosions).

At least we saw some Nebula-class ships in the background in the latter half of the war battles. Question: Where are the Ambassadors?

------------------
Ace

"Objects in mirror are closer than they appear."

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They got converted to space stations...

------------------
Terry: "Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, ...."
Max: "And?"
Terry: "I forgot."
Max: "Come on, Clinton was the fun one, then came the boring one."
Terry: "They're all boring."

- Batman Beyond (aka: Batman of the Future)

Nim
Member # 205

Well I'll tellya something Alex, I think he's right. Sadly... (The result I mean, not you Altair)

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps