Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Nebula-Class Starships are UGLY! (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Nebula-Class Starships are UGLY!
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I personally like ALL Galaxy styled ships, apart from the "Chupa Chups" Challenger class.

The Nebula is not particularly 'pretty', but she wasn't built far that. She (yes, she) is built for duty, and is probably a very succesful design. I mean, how many variations have we seen??? Big saucer, small saucer, triangular pod, smooth pod, extra nacelles, extra nacelles on a stick: that would be around 6!

The most impressing Galaxy scene that pops to mind is the one were a Galaxy comes bursting out from the bottom of the screen, and completely obliterating some Galor junk.

The Cheyenne is also quite good looking, I actually like those marker pens.

And the New Orleans is just one great ship. That's what they should have used instead of the old Excelsiors and Mirandas.

------------------
To know a thing well, know its limits. Only when pushed beyond its tolerances will true nature be seen.
The Amtal Rule (Dune)
---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually, don't think they did get converted to space stations... there is nothing similar between Jupiter Station's saucers and Ambassador Saucers... I'll have to scan the cover to the UK/Australia Voyager video that has Life Line on it... a nice clear upclose picture... it looks custom made.

------------------
"Yar, a lesbian? That girl had a sex drive! First, Data in Naked Now, then, in
Hide and Q, she hits on Picard! "Oh, if only you weren't the captain..." God! If
Denise Crosby hadn't left the series, she'd've slept with the entire senior staff by
now!" Jeff Kardde - March 7, 2001

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AndrewR: Or you can check out my pics: http://members.nbci.com/pinasov/fleet/jupiter.jpg http://members.nbci.com/pinasov/fleet/jupiterclose.jpg

Don�t forget the usual copy-and-paste procedure :-)

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you're right the jupiter station saucers are definitely different

------------------
Go to my site ST Infinity or you'll cause the release of another Olsen Twins movie. Do you want that on your conscience?

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That first pic... Pin... that "jupiter" one... is not from the episode... it appears to be a CGI fan made pic...

I'll have to go get my scanner...

Andrew

------------------
"Yar, a lesbian? That girl had a sex drive! First, Data in Naked Now, then, in
Hide and Q, she hits on Picard! "Oh, if only you weren't the captain..." God! If
Denise Crosby hadn't left the series, she'd've slept with the entire senior staff by
now!" Jeff Kardde - March 7, 2001

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, no, Andrew, both pics are from star trek fact files. I avoid posting fan-made pics. Not that many of those aren�t beautiful, but just because I try to make my site as close to "official" as possible.

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps