Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » why do borg have many types of cubes?searching for trek reason (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: why do borg have many types of cubes?searching for trek reason
Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back to the topic - when we first met the Borg I figured that each ship would be different, produced by "budding" or some other in the field construction method.

Now that we have queen(s) and a "home base" I suppose they do have ship classes. I'd go with "each class is an adaptation to a particular task" and we just don't have the information to determine why.

------------------
TK

dih1138
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
maybe not a task, but rather a successful weapon or strategy...

------------------
-dih1138

IP: Logged
TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i understand about the unimatrizes serving as bases-control centers-repair -recrew and storage centers for raw material but what would borg do on planets?

we saw borg planets and they often have population around millions or billions---what could all those drones be doing---you don't need billions to operate some facility to strip mine planets.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the Collective constitutes a consciousness several orders of magnitude above our own. It does whatever it pleases, I imagine.

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ain't no chump gonna tell them niggaz what to do! They be illin'!

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His turnip not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black people here in Trenton do not speak like that. You have to include curse words every 3 words.

Anyway the Borg Collective probably still needs raw materials after all it does take a lot of materials to build something. I am assuming that the Borg planets after exhasting the resources on the planet then they just become planets with billions of drones doing nothing.

------------------
Predict the unpredictable, but how do you unpredict the unpredictable?

TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
drone 558of1001 to drone 559of1001
"what you doing today?"
"nothing"
"what are we doing today?"
"nothing"

"sigh...oh how i wish a cube will stop by one day to pick us up off this rock."

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um...nevermind.

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps