Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Location of Officer’s Lounge in TMP (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Location of Officer’s Lounge in TMP
Boris
Member # 713

- posted      Profile for Boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I meant the actual site, being an easy reference. Then again, I guess we've all seen these.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ignore STV... It was all a dream sequence.

The schematic above works for the dining room as seen in Trek6 - not at the back where the big windows are, but where that 'room' curves around either side! Bung in a table - and you've got it!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally got my copy of The Director's Edition yesterday.

I'm not sure if anyone has already suggested this but I would place the officer's lounge adjacent to the recreation deck. Looking at pics of the ship miniature there is a single small window to each side of the 4 rec-deck windows on Deck 6. I reckon the lounge would be behind one of those two windows.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dax:
Finally got my copy of The Director's Edition yesterday.

I'm not sure if anyone has already suggested this but I would place the officer's lounge adjacent to the recreation deck. Looking at pics of the ship miniature there is a single small window to each side of the 4 rec-deck windows on Deck 6. I reckon the lounge would be behind one of those two windows.

The trouble is, the lounge has two windows, both the same size/shape as the rec-deck's. The windows you refer to are round as I recall.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*checks DVD*
Damn! You're absolutely right, mrneutron. It's funny but I never noticed that second window before. Well I did, but I somehow assumed it was a mirror or something - but it's clearly not.
*sigh*

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why didn't they just make the Lounge the room infront of the 'wooden room' that we see when Spock's shuttle docks? Just matte it in behind them!?! They could probably matte some actors sitting around too!

--------------------

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Why didn't they just make the Lounge the room infront of the 'wooden room' that we see when Spock's shuttle docks? Just matte it in behind them!?! They could probably matte some actors sitting around too!

Well...that was Andy Probert's idea when he saw the set they built, and some of his drawings reflect that, but no one wanted to go there.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

And no one thought of simply taking a screen grab of the wooden-lounge in the 'Spock Arrives' scene and matting on the blue screen of the filmed 'lounge' scene for the DVD!?! Why go to all the trouble of the nacelles etc. (or so I belive is there - I haven't scene it yet).

Andrew

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps