Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Madison/Manson and First Contact CC (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Madison/Manson and First Contact CC
Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if it has ever been confirmed, and it's not listed under the IMDb entry for "First Contact."

--------------------
Meh

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the thing - it WAS for a while. I remember posting a thread about it, either here or at TNO; the mention (and the credit, both on the IMDB FC page and on Grammer's own page there) has since vanished. Presumably as it was subsequently proven to be incorrect.

I seem to recall there was also another claim on that page that Avery Brooks had filmed a sequence with Worf on DS9 prior to the Defiant leaving. . . I think that's also gone (I haven't checkled recently).

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the claims about Kelsey Grammer was that he recorded his line on a tape recorder while sitting on the toilet...
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remermber seeing it on IMDB. And hearing it in the movie, i am sure it was kelsey grammar. I remember presenting my friends with a theory of how they convinced him to do it.

*phone rings*

KG: Hello?

Studio: Hey Kelsey.. would you do an uncredited unpaid voiceover cameo in First Contact? If you dont want to just say 'Acknowledged'

*click*

KG: Acknowledged.

Studio: OK, sorry to bother you.

*click*

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL! [Big Grin]

WHAT DID THE DVD CC SAY, LEXINGTON OR LEXICON???

A straight answer, please...

-MMoM [Wink]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol

*yeah, i know, a waste of a post*

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL!
(I think that's enough "LOLs" for now...)

--------------------
Meh

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"WHAT DID THE DVD CC SAY, LEXINGTON OR LEXICON???"

Yes.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to try once more to get a clear, definitive answer, before I just go rent the firgging DVD myself... [Roll Eyes]

I'll make it easy. Multiple choice. [Big Grin]

What did the FC DVD CC say:

a. Madison and Lexington
b. Madison and Lexicon
c. Manson and Lexington
d. Manson and Lexicon
e. (no mention of Madison/Manson) and Lexington
f. (no mention of Madison/Manson) and Lexicon

Which one was it? As I said, the VHS CC was f.

Thanks,
-MMoM [Big Grin]

[ January 29, 2002, 18:29: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a.

http://flare.solareclipse.net/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=001591

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try this one. I found it on my HD, don't know where it comes from, but it's old, very old.

Uploaded it to my page

[Smile]

What I heard:

Voice: '26-10' (?)
Voice (maybe the same): '42 wounded on the Lexington'
Voice (female): 'This is Commander Luxby of the Manson...'
Loud voice: 'Help me!'

In other words: c

[Edit:] Wll, the upload-and-link-thing doesn't work. So here's the link. Copy and paste...

http://www.geocities.com/cpt_kyle_amasov/madison.mp3

[ February 03, 2002, 14:39: Message edited by: Cpt. Kyle Amasov ]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear "22 wounded on the Lexington", and "Commander Luxby on the Manson" But more Mansonish than Madisonish, yes.

[ February 03, 2002, 15:04: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Boris
Member # 713

- posted      Profile for Boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also hear Manson, but the first part is either Lexic or Lexicon! It can't be easily confused since the first two syllables in question are Leck-sic vs. Leck-sin.

[ February 03, 2002, 16:22: Message edited by: Phelps ]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

It's not "26-10". It's "96 dead, 22 wounded on the Lexington". And the low quality leaves the Madison/Manson debate open, because, really, both would sound pretty much the same.
Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
It's not "26-10". It's "96 dead, 22 wounded on the Lexington". And the low quality leaves the Madison/Manson debate open, because, really, both would sound pretty much the same.

And I wondered all the time what '26-10' could mean. OK, this makes more sense, I admit.

I listened to the file several times, but it sounded like 'Lexington'. I'm sure it was Lexington. Despite the Manson/Madison we only had already known ships in the com-chatter. The Bozeman, Defiant, Endeavour. Why should they insert such a strange name? Lexicon? And if it is not Lexington, can we be sure it is Lexicon? Maybe it's Lexicron or Lexiton or Leginton or whatever.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps