Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Shelley class Starship (Page 7)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Shelley class Starship
Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.geocities.com/cpt_kyle_amasov/Shelley.jpg

The one from my shiplist. Basically I did the same as Curry and consorts - I kitbashed. This seems to be the most accurate version (hehe...). The saucer is not above the forward shuttle bay, but behind it. Furthermore, the nacelles seem to be connected with the saucer behind the saucer (at least my reference screenshot looked like that). I have no idea how the connection between saucer and secondary hull could look like, but the solution pictured in the DS9TM seems to be... adequate. Sacing the nacelles right would make them appear smaller than they really are. Of course, I could do the same thing as I did with the Niagara, resize them, but I have to finish this somwhere. An I think that's my own little deadline. We never saw the Niagara close enough to say how big the nacelles really are (forget the Jein-shot for the moment), but this one appeared right in the foreground and we got a pretty clear view of it. So... what's your opinion? [Smile]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the difference with the Niagara is its nacelles were on the right scale with the other parts of the ship...it's just that the Fact Files screwed up when drawing it.

With the Curry, the actual model had nacelles that were at a larger scale. That can't be ignored like a faulty schematic can. The Curry definitely has larger nacelles.

Your schem looks pretty good. I really like TSN's. It's about as accurate a view of the ship as can be gleaned until we see some model pics...(Hint, hint, Mr. Drexler [Wink] )

[ February 25, 2002, 15:31: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright, are the pictures of the studio model floating around the Internet and if so where are they so I can see?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps