Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Good news about the DS9 Tech Manual ships! (Page 24)

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28   
Author Topic: Good news about the DS9 Tech Manual ships!
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cap'n Mike - nice schematic... both you and Amizov where have you been HIDING!?! With reguards to your schem. work!?!

Why not call it constipation class ;o)

Oh and should that be Rob Legato - not Ron - you might have been thinking of Ron Livingston... Picard's lionfish namesake.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David Livingston, actually.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Akula
Member # 319

- posted      Profile for Akula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yea, that's a Rob sorry the b and the n are right next to each other.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, the biggest complement would be if Bernd made this the official Ex-Astris-Scientia Connie variant schematic (hint hint) :-D

BTW... TrekBBS posters like my schematic and want to see the photos..

im not sure if we should give them to them... im feeling a little fanboy elitism.. this is all they can see so far

heh heh.. your thoughts on this?

[ March 19, 2002, 20:25: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, how much can they be trusted. Can they and will they honor Drexler's wishes?

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well the last impression i got was that Drexler was OK with circulation, just as long as he wasnt the source (to avoid getting himself in trouble).. so we never tell anyone it was Drexler. But onwards from that, we hold a monopoly on some pretty nifty pictures at this board.. weve shared with each other, but are we allright with giving these particular prizes away.. the exclusivity could be used to advance our websites, etc,etc.. so I think im right in holding off on showing the general public.

thoughts?

--------------------

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, fuck no.

I think I made my opinions on silly elitism well known earlier

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

capped
Member # 709

Yes I remember that.

Not sure I agree with it. But one of the main reasons I enjoy being a fanboy is being able to tell somebody first when i know something. Im not saying we parade around like royalty, wearing silly gold jewelry and referring to ourselves with the Queen's we, but simply to get credit for the fact the we were involved in getting the pictures and analyzing them first. I know Dukhat has done the real footwork, but everyone in this thread has had a lot invested in the study of these pics.

and if you dont like the idea of us slaving over every detail of a bullshit model not even seen in the show, then back off.. reading about the work of the wolf359 project is what led me to flare, and im proud to be involved in such an activity, even if it does seem pathetic..

And I'm going to be pretty satisfied when i see my schematic stolen and used on a really bad UsS dEfinat roorZ and uSS aKirA rAwkS lololol* page.. :-)

[ March 19, 2002, 20:46: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

quote:
I know Dukhat has done the real footwork, but everyone in this thread has had a lot invested in the study of these pics.
See, this is where I start to smirk. You study cardiac muscle and Catalan and containment theory. You file your findings in fancy journals that end up in dusty corners of university libraries the world over. You discuss Star Trek ships, hopefully avoiding that pesky side-effect of giving yourself an aneurysm over how the Voyager primary hull shows up on an apparently older ship. And you toss it all out into the roiling expanse of the public domain, hoping some other similarly geeky person will further the discussion. Because we discuss because its fun, right?

DD was nice to us. DD is a nice guy. If niceness wishes to course across the face of the deep, let it.

And let's be blunt here. This place isn't hermetically sealed. Things will cross-pollenate shortly. It is the way of the web.

--------------------

capped
Member # 709

So we take it seriously.. i dont care whether you think its impressive or pathetic, im still going to take it seriously.. and I'm willing to distribute these freely.. i just want to see if anyone wants to organize the presentation, rather then just throwing them around.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just looking at that pic of the Constipation class above - and noticed something about the nacelle... in that why is it different at the front!?!

Then I realised I think the 'right/starboard nacelle' (the one closes to us) has had its 'bussard end' sliced off - and that 'coppery' part is the port nacelle!

Wierd! [Wink]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

capped
Member # 709

i thought that might be case too, but stared at it for a while and dismissed it.. but look at how there is no difference between the bottom of the closest one and the bottome of what would theoretically be the front of the rear one.. theres almost no difference between the top and bottom of them.. it seems unlikely the angle would line up like that..

--------------------

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

quote:
i just want to see if anyone wants to organize the presentation
Well, mine's pseudo-organized...

--------------------

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
Sweet jesus [Eek!]

I haven't seen a schematic like that since RW...!

Any chance of making a schematic of this ship without battle-damage? Please? [Big Grin]

I don't want to speak for him, but that ship is without battle damage! [Big Grin] [Razz]

You didn't ask Drexler if he knows the name of the 'Centaur', Dukhat? [Roll Eyes]

I wonder what Okuda thinks about naming those vessels. Maybe he conciders some (if not all) of them to be the long-lost classes he invented/used for the encyclopedia.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Boris
Member # 713

- posted      Profile for Boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll just say for the record that it's the U.S.S. Duckats, just so I can point to this post afterwards and say I was right all along.
  This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps