Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Good news about the DS9 Tech Manual ships! (Page 12)

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  26  27  28   
Author Topic: Good news about the DS9 Tech Manual ships!
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen anything new in the last three days either. Mark?

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Might I add that Gary Hutzel didn't tell me I'm allowed to show you the image of the Moore? Nontheless I did it. Because it was pictured in every damn 2001-DS9 calendar. Because it was painted on the sidewall of a paramount hall.

Same here: If TPTB don't want us to see the pictures, why did they include schematics of those ships in the DS9TM??? Those are no secret informations. We're not talking about the a picture of Breman's salary statement or a copy of the Nemesis-script. Everyone who has the privilege to enter the Paramount lot could open those crates and take some photos of those ships.

The only reason I could imagine for not releasing them is you are currently preparing a page for those ships. If so, let me tell you we only want to see the pictures. What if we promise we don't show them to anyone else until you released your page? The only thing you have is my word that I wont show them to anyone else, so you have to live with it.

Could you at least tell us when we are supposed to see them?

[ March 11, 2002, 06:17: Message edited by: Cpt. Kyle Amasov ]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's somehow amazing that we haven't reached the point yet where everyone at Flare has the pictures because he or she promised not to distribute them. [Big Grin]

[ March 11, 2002, 06:32: Message edited by: Spike ]

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, thanks for the A-Wing pic, why is it called "A" Wing!?! ANNNYYYYWAYYY - how is it orientated on the model... and what is that 'gold' deflector dish thingy is this just one of the two 'engine' bits of the A-Wing?

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think there's a thired 'hole' between the engines. And I suppose the wings above and below have been removed to attach it to an Intrepid-saucer. Furthermore I think the cockpit windows have been removed and the thing behind the cockpit window serves as connecting dorsal. The Danube-phylons could have been attached somewhere below the saucer, probably running over those laser things left and right of the ship, to cover their existence.

--------------------

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, this is like the case of Okuda and his W359 ship photography. The depictions of ships we have from the TMs an the CCG are pretty much public domain because everyone has scanned them. But new, unseen photography is the area of artists copyright. They are preserving the rights and distribution of these images because Okuda wants to publish more books (with his W359 photography), and if the images get out no one will have much reason to buy them. As someone who is an art major I have to say the we are very much in the right by not distributing them. The men are artists and this is their work, and we are priveliged to be first up at seeing it, but they are using their right to their work to make profit off that. At least thats the understanding i gleaned whenever I read Bernd's page and read the multiple warnings about not redistributing Okuda's photography. In the case of Drexler he might not care enough, but I feel it is at least respectful to seek permission.

Once we have permission however, I want to photoshop in a star background, adjust the hull colors back towards bluegray and make the nacelles glow!

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I
WANT
TO
SEE
THEM

[Smile]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...Please".

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

Is it just me or did Dukhat disappear after he told us he had the photos? I assume no one here is responsible, so maybe it is a conspiracy.

Wanna hear my tale? There are no pictures. Really. How many of you have seen them? And how many can proof they've seen them? They are a myth, created by some clever guys. But I know the truth! I know the truth! *mad laugh*

Maybe I jsut had too much coffee. You know what happend last time... [Eek!]

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys are the biggest bunch of fucking whining crybaby cockknocker assholes I've ever seen. You're worse than the guy in the apartment next to me who begs his girlfriend for sex & whines that they haven't had it in 8 days.

If I were Doug Drexler...if I were Gary Hutzel, or Ron Moore, Ed Miarecki, or Mike Okuda...& I saw you acting the way you've been acting for the past 3 or 4 days, I wouldn't EVER send ANYone ANYthing ever again. I'd think, "Oh...typical fanboys. Ho-hum..." and move on.

How long did we wait for those Excelsior study model shots? Or for the Springfield & Challenger images? A long damn time. But no one there got all whiny & bitchy & complainy.

You disgust me. We're supposed to be a better breed here, different from & above all the other fanboys. That's what we've always liked about Flare, what we've prided ourselves one. Now you're all jerking your cocks, massaging your scrotums with the other hand so you don't get blueballs from all the backup....& when you DO see those pictures, you'll let the jizz fly.

I for one am glad to calmly sit, & wait, & maybe never ever see those pictures. Sometimes that's just the way it is. The textual descriptions are more than we could have asked for as well, & I know I could probably reproduce the models as such with a fair amoutn of accuracy with those statements. Yes, I'd love to see the pictures, but there's no point whining like little colicky babies about it.

They're just pictures of some stupid models. Grow up.

[ March 11, 2002, 11:51: Message edited by: Shik ]

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What he said...

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

quote:
Originally posted by 359mph:
What he said...

Of course. [Roll Eyes]

If he really takes anything of this serious, it's his own fault. If Okuda or anyone else reads this, I'm sure they see this is only kidding, something we do to pass the time until Dukhat or anyone who has them thinks the time is right to show them to us, in other words when Drexler told him.

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whatever, dude. I think people have at least some entitlement to complain. I mean, look what's gone on here. After all this time that people have been rabidly wondering about these ships, Dukkie e-mails Drexler, who openly sends him the pictures, without any kind of special conditions mentioned. Dukkie receives the photos, tells us all about how wonderful they are and even shares them with a few select people, but keeps them from everyone else, and then leaves us to discuss stuff without having all the information.

But, like I said earlier, I can understand his motivations. He's got the right idea about how to handle it. But couldn't we get things moving here? It's been days.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You guys are the biggest bunch of fucking whining crybaby cockknocker assholes I've ever seen.
Yes.

[ March 11, 2002, 12:18: Message edited by: Harry ]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shik: So, which is worse? Whining, or whining about the fact that people are whining?

As far as the pictures go... At first I thought Dukhat's desire to get permission first made sense. But then I realized that we've only ever seen a single picture that was non-distributeable, and Okuda said, even before sending it, that it was copyrighted and couldn't be distributed.

If these pictures fell into the same category, I'm sure Drexler would have either said "sorry, I'm not allowed to give them out" or "I'll show them to you, but if anyone else sees them, I will personally come to your house and murder you".

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  26  27  28   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps