Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Good news about the DS9 Tech Manual ships! (Page 6)

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  26  27  28   
Author Topic: Good news about the DS9 Tech Manual ships!
Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has Drexler recieved the second mail already? I think this is part of his plan; he wants to make us go insane (at least those who aren't yet [Razz] ). I'm sure Berman told us to do so. There you have it, the conspiracy-theory was right.

[Smile]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, now that we've gotten it to six pages, we musn't stop now! ON TO SEVEN!

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last one to page eight is a Dr Who fan!

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I emailed Drexler today. Seems The_Tom was right after all...he's busy with Enterprise stuff. Here's my email to him (MMoM, take note):

Dear Mr. Drexler,

Hello again! I had emailed you about two weeks ago with some questions I had about the kitbashed models which you drew for the DS9 Tech Manual. I was wondering if you had found any reference photos yet. I do realize you are a busy man and I apologize for pressing you if you just haven't had a chance to look...thanks...

Mark Delgado

And here's his response:

Forgive me Mark, it's been really busy with the wrap up of season one hurtling toward us. I promise to dig stuff up for you over the weekend.

Doug

So there's still a chance after all that we may get to see those pics...however, let's take his email with a grain of salt. I'm guessing he won't get back to me for some time.

Mark

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least he's just legitimately swamped, and not blowing you off... [Smile]

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm curious which weekend he meant. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arrr....

give, give, give!

There's a small but bright spot at the end of the tunnel. And it seems we just started moving towards it again. [Smile]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dukhat:
So there's still a chance after all that we may get to see those pics...however, let's take his email with a grain of salt. I'm guessing he won't get back to me for some time.

Now, now. You make it sound like him not getting back to us is a bad thing. But they way I see it, the longer he's occupied, the more time we know went into designing HOREDS AND HOREDS OFF KIC@$$! @NDORRRIEN SPACESHiPS! & LOTZ OF KEWL SULIBAN WEAPONS AND XPLOSHINs AND SHIZAT!Which is fine by me [Wink]

I mean, honestly, a month ago we didn't even know these pictures existed. We got by from day-to-day, didn't we?

[ March 07, 2002, 20:03: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, when we didn't know about them...now that we do it's positively agonizing. It's like, what you've always wanted, but you thought it didn't exist so you learned to forget about it, but now someone tells you it does exists and dangles it in front of you. It...well...sucks.

Then again, I have an instant-gratification problem. I hate waiting. It's part of what makes me certifiable. [Smile]

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey gang,

The day you�ve all been waiting for has arrived�DREXLER HAS SENT ME PHOTOS!

So far he has sent me five pics, but there�s a total of sixteen pics in all. For some reason, he had trouble sending all of them, so I should get more later. Anyway, here�s the rundown of what he�s sent me so far:

Photo 1: side-view of the ship we all thought was the Curry (�Excelsior/Constitution-class starship variant� in the DS9 Tech Manual).
Photo 2: top view of the same.
Photo 3: top view of the ship we all thought was the Voyager study model (�Intrepid/Constitution-class starship variant� in the TM).
Photo 4: side view of the same.
Photo 5: side view of the Constitution-class starship variant.

Now, for the commentary�

I�m afraid we haven�t given Mr. Drexler enough credit. His drawings in the tech manual are indeed correct & precise to the models. As a matter of fact, his drawings look better than the models. All of the models are painted a dull yellow, or perhaps that�s just how the light is hitting them. I have to say that these are some of the worst kitbashes I�ve ever seen. The good news is that the pics are very large, & I can read the names and registry numbers on the top views. Anyway, here are the facts about the three ships:

Ship#1: Contrary to former speculation, this ship is not named the �Curry.� Its name is actually the �Raging Queen�! No lie. Its registry number, again different from what we thought, is either NCC-42264 or 42284. The nacelles are placed as they are in Drexler�s drawing, so apparently they were turned before filming. The shuttlebay is in front of the ship; the only error in Drexler�s depiction. Besides the regular nacelle pylons, there�s also some thin pylons near the rear of the ship holding the nacelles.

Ship#2: Very interesting indeed. No, this is NOT the Voyager study model. In fact, from what I can see, it is an Intrepid saucer attached to the back of a Star Wars A-Wing fighter! The secondary hull in Drexler�s drawing is actually one of the A-Wing�s engines, so there might even be two hulls there. The runabout pylons are attached to the A-Wing fighter�s wings. The Constitution nacelles are exactly as Drexler drew them, even right down to the little yellow stripe. The ship�s name is the U.S.S. Elkins, and the registry number is either NCC-74121 or 74101.

Ship#3: No name or registry info from the side view, I�m afraid. But yet again, the ship�s design is the same as Drexler�s drawing. Hopefully he�ll send me a top view so we can see just how far apart the nacelles are.

That�s it for now. Once I get all the pics, I�ll ask him if it�s OK to distribute them.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet merciful crap!

*utter fanboy joy*

of course, we should recognize that the Raging Queen could have been relabeled Curry at the same time its nacelles were rearranged.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Question is, was it changed before or after filming? In other words, when were the pictures taken? Not that it's all that important, though. Just a thought.
Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to know when we can see the pictures. If you need a place to post them, I have room on my website if you want to e-mail them to me. Let me know.

--------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't know what you're doing as long as you look good doing it.

www.ericksmodels.com

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

Some things I forgot to mention: The Raging Queen has no "U.S.S." before the name, and it's the only ship of the three with battle damage.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RAGING QUEEN?!

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  26  27  28   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps