Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Good news about the DS9 Tech Manual ships! (Page 7)

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  26  27  28   
Author Topic: Good news about the DS9 Tech Manual ships!
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now what was the word I was looking for to describe my "utter fanboy joy"?

Gagh? Pah? T'Phui?

The ships sound horrible, simply horrible. The one I had high hopes for was the Constitution rearrangement, because she at least should have had properly scaled parts (and I'm already accustomed to Connie kitbashes since the fan community has churned out so many of them). But I hate the idea that the nacelles really are mounted upside down, for no good reason. See "Ranger class light cruiser" at shipschematics for a better execution of that idea.

The Intrepid humping the A-wing may in fact be a very nice idea as such, but why the "#�&%/ does it have to have Constitution nacelles? With big Galaxy ones, the ship could in fact have been way cool.

One question about the Raging Queen - how are the primary and secondary hull connected? Drexler's drawing shows a weird unrecognizable part that barely touches the secondary hull. What is it? Is the secondary hull really hanging on just by the strength of that, plus the nacelle aft pylons?

I fear the worst for the three-naceller now. Since we knew the Centaur wasn't accurate, we could always hope the other ships looked better in RL, too. But based on all this, it may be that even the Centaur originally looked just like Drexler shows it, and was simply modified for the close-ups when the original shoddy work didn't suffice.

The only remaining decent design would be the "Jaeger class" thing, mating the Intrepid and Maquis hulls...

Timo Saloniemi

nx001a
Member # 291

- posted      Profile for nx001a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats great news indeed. I be interested in the pictures? I was wondering is there a chance in emailing them to the message board? Does the Constitution Class Variant have two or one nacelle? I wonder if we can make this topic go to nine pages?

--------------------
"We set sail on this new sea because their is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won" John F Kennedy

members.aol.com/mfwan/index.htm

Fedaykin Supastar
Member # 704

- posted      Profile for Fedaykin Supastar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*wonders if he's a doctor who fan*

oh well....we've waited this long i dont see why we cant wait a lil bit longer for the pics - btw...are we allowed to see them or did drexler say that they cant be put into public view???

if i've missed any information regarding my question sorry for bother u ppl.....

Buzz

--------------------
"Tom is Canadian. He thereby uses advanced humour tecniques, such as 'irony', 'sarcasm', and werid shit'. If you are not qualified in any of these, it will be risky for you to attempt to decipher what he means. Just smile and carry on."
- PsyLiam; 16th June

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my god! OH MY GOD!

Any chance you can post them or email me? (I know, a dozen other pople asked this before, but you know how we feel! [Smile] )

And the Queen could be the other Shelley from 'A Time to Stand'. Originally labeled Curry for foreground filming they relabeled it to represent the ship in the far background (you know, the one we only saw barely above that D7. As far as my research has gone, that is a variant of the Shelley-kitbash. The nacelles are too long to be the ones attached to the Curry, and the curry has definitely nacelle standard arrangements and not those nacelles turned 90�.)

Ha! I always said there are two Shelleys! Why did no one listen to me? [Big Grin]

Oh happy day.... [Cool]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH GOD! COME ON, POST THE F***ING PHOTOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-MMOM [Eek!]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Kyle, but the damage pattern to the Raging Queen's saucer matches the ship we thought was the Curry.

My stupid Juno ISP apparently couldn't handle files of that size. For some reason, Drexler's JPEGs were outlandishly huge in kilobytes, so out of 16 pics, I only got 5. However, I saved them as bitmaps (making them even more huge), then resaved them again back to JPEGs. Somehow, doing that, the kilobytes shrunk immensely.

OK, I haven't asked him if it's OK to spread the pics around, but as a courtesy to my Wolf 359 team, I'm gonna send the pics to them first, as I trust these guys that they won't be distributed further. Again, once I receive all the pics, then I'll ask Drexler about showing them. Remember, I still don't want to needlessly bug him before I get all the goods.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, where can I become a member of your team? Quick? [Big Grin]

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What was that ship from "The Conscience of the King" Called... "Celestial Queen"?

And maybe the Curry was renamed Raging Queen - maybe Curry is a Raging Queen!?! ;o)

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I contributed an itty-bitty to the W359 project, Mark [Roll Eyes] [Wink]

[ March 08, 2002, 10:13: Message edited by: Harry ]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I contributed moral support! Does that count? [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know my name is listed at the bottom of a few of the Wolf 359 pages, so I know I contributed.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, you've saved 5 of 16 photos. Is there a chance that the other 9 will be resent or something?
Amasov Prime
Member # 742

^^^^

Hey, if those arguments count, they I offer my Niagara-drawing for the page. How's that?

Or better: What do you want? I have some pretty rare images of Okudagrams and stuff. Or scans? Do you want scans? Just tell me what you need. Or I'll do a schematic or diagram for you. Or I write a text for you. Anything, but
by god, tell me how I can get them!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I have some pretty rare images of Okudagrams and stuff
That sounds interesting. What do you have?
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just e-mailed Bernd some new re-labeled screencap analsysis pics yesterday! Pleeeeeaaaaassssseeeee? [Frown]

Y'know, you really don't have to use the word "distribute" (which might put his guard up). Why don't you just ask if you can post them on your message board?

-MMoM [Big Grin]

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  26  27  28   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps