Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » A little help with a schematic for the Springfield (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A little help with a schematic for the Springfield
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Erick...that Nebula...is that the shitty WARP conversion kit?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it is the WARP conversion. But I got the Sutherland kit with the primary hull. It required a little work to get it to look like that. And I am not sure about the pod either. I looked at the Y-wing too, and it may be that, but it needs a lot added to it. I'm not sure about the Lambda one yet, but I'll check it out. And as for the family pic, I'm probably going to get a digital camera soon, so I will take some more pics. (The family has also grown a little too.)

--------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't know what you're doing as long as you look good doing it.

www.ericksmodels.com

Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I asked Ed Miarecki and he said he that the Paramount Art Department added the part and he didn't know what part they used. It was worth a shot. Would someone out there that has the rigth e-mail address be willing to ask someone who may know? It would help me out a bunch.

--------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't know what you're doing as long as you look good doing it.

www.ericksmodels.com

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Erick,

Miarecki's original version of the Chekov had no upper "pod/ramp" thingy, only the lower engineering pod w/ pylons attached. He said he wanted it to be the TNG version of the Grissom. When Okuda got ahold of the model, he took off the lower pod & put on the upper. However, I don't know what he used, but it might have been another piece from the submarine kits he used on the Buran. If you want to contact Okuda, I'll give you his email address in a PM.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Fructose
Member # 309

Well, I wrote Mike Okuda, and here's what he said:
quote:
Thanks for the note. I remember gluing on that particular piece. It was
something that was in our plastic parts box, not something that was
custom-fabricated for the model. If I had to guess, I would suspect that it
came from a Robotix building toy set, since I had a couple of those in the
art department at the time, and used them for parts on a lot of things.

So, does anyone have a Robotix toy set, or know someone who does? It may help out my little quest here.

--------------------

www.ericksmodels.com

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to be no help here at all, and just say "WOW THEY RESPONDED!" cool. So Miarecki's pod wasn't included in the final shot episode? Would have been a nice 'reference' to the Oberth. Oh well.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Honestly, I like it better w/ the upper pod and w/o the lower.
Fructose
Member # 309

Me too, and that's how I'm building my model.
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the lower pod could be included as an "optional extra". You know, a sensor platform to turn the thing in to an SWACS version or something.

The ship looks like an upside-down Miranda to begin with, so the optional roll bar would complete that illusion. Alternately, you could include some New Orleans-type torpedo pods as accessories to your kit, to be attached instead of the ventral roll bar... Kits with lots of accessories sell better, you know. [Wink]

Timo Saloniemi

Fructose
Member # 309

True, but I'm not going to sell anything. I just build it for myself.

--------------------

www.ericksmodels.com

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps