Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Aft vs. Fore warp field dynamics (Page 4)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Aft vs. Fore warp field dynamics
koy'peled Oy'tio
Member # 796

- posted      Profile for koy'peled Oy'tio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i need to upload an image, i reversed the saucer section and the nacelles on the sovvie. Looks kin of cool.

[ June 04, 2002, 15:48: Message edited by: koy'peled Oy'tio ]

--------------------
"Explore New Worlds"

The Defiant
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
email it to me at [email protected]

I hope it don't look like what I think... [Wink]

IP: Logged
David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Putting large and long objects in front of a starship, block its forward weapons arc, making sure that they're in the way of whatever the ship might run into...

Absolutely bloody brilliant.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

The Defiant
Ex-Member

It actually might look cool.
Eclipse
Member # 472

- posted      Profile for Eclipse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by David Templar:
Putting large and long objects in front of a starship, block its forward weapons arc, making sure that they're in the way of whatever the ship might run into...

When all else fails, consider the safety issues. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
koy'peled Oy'tio
Member # 796

- posted      Profile for koy'peled Oy'tio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by David Templar:

Sarcasm i take it? Remember that this is a hypothetical concoction. And weapons platforms can always be adapted to accomodate things like this.

[ June 05, 2002, 07:20: Message edited by: koy'peled Oy'tio ]

The Defiant
Ex-Member

So when are we gonna see it?
David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by koy'peled Oy'tio:
Sarcasm i take it? Remember that this is a hypothetical concoction. And weapons platforms can always be adapted to accomodate things like this.

Common sense doesn't go away just because the situation's hypothetical. Try to come up with some actually workable solutions to those problems without resorting to an OD of technobabble, then we'll see.

--------------------

koy'peled Oy'tio
Member # 796

quote:
Try to come up with some actually workable solutions to those problems without resorting to an OD of technobabble, then we'll see.

Definition: You have no clue what i'm saying correct?

--------------------
"Explore New Worlds"

The Defiant
Ex-Member

Send it to me ([email protected]) or post it. No reason arguing about what we haven't seen...
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Attention new people: Please seek out Flare Upload...

That is all...

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

The Defiant
Ex-Member

Don't you have to have 250 posts?
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Defiant's got you there, Ritten. He would use the Flare Upload tool if he could, but, alas, he can't simply because he hasn't made 250 posts yet. The same currently applies to Koy as well.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, dang, I guess I better read the FAQs then....

I stand corrected.....

So, guys, post worthy postings, unlike that thing I did up there, or over there if this starts a new page...

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

quote:
Originally posted by koy'peled Oy'tio:
Definition: You have no clue what i'm saying correct?

No, I don't know what made you think that besides a lame attempt at putting me down. [Roll Eyes] I just don't want some over complicted technical solution to how why would overcome the difficulties of having something big and long block their forward weapons, sensor, navigational deflector, and so forth. Because then, it'd be rather self defeating, wouldn't it? Why would they chose something complicted with no benefits, when they can just have the nacelles behind the ship.

[ June 05, 2002, 21:27: Message edited by: David Templar ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps