Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Schimitar thoughts[ST10 $$$ pic] (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Schimitar thoughts[ST10 $$$ pic]
TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks kinda like the sona,
and alot of cgi isn't a good thing.

http://www.sphosting.com/hellraiser1/nemesis.jpg

Also view trailer at.

http://nemesis.startrek.com/

[ June 27, 2002, 01:58: Message edited by: TSN ]

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's very shiny and facety and cgiish and not very cool.
TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These dam cgi's.

When will they learn that space is not that well lighted and isn't carpeted with nebulas.

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The trailer looks nice. Can't help but think that one guy looks like an orc, though.

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

NeghVar
Member # 62

- posted      Profile for NeghVar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like from the Nemesis Flash Site that the Scimitar is a Reman vessel. Also looks like we will see some refitted Warbirds. Now I realize this is old news for some of you...just nice to see rumors turned into realities.

Later!
Art

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The shiny nose is because of the cloak kicking in.

The ship looks like an awesome cross-breed between the Negh'Var and a Dominion Cruiser (the medium sized one, with the forward swept wings).

--------------------
"And they had other stuff (...) like pictures of the Vulcan woman on Enterprise."
"OOOOhhh! Uhm, I mean: Nerds!"

- Willow and Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This may sound really geeky, but I'm noticing a definite Eavesish design aesthetic exists and is especially prevalent in this brute.

[ June 27, 2002, 01:44: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello. I am a dark box. The light boxes are trying to keep the dark boxes down! Power to the people!

[ June 27, 2002, 01:45: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you give a spoiler warning, it's customary to mention what the spoilers are for...
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fanboyish and I hate CGI. That's all I have to say about it.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

TheF0rce
Member # 533

quote:
Originally posted by The_Tom:
This may sound really geeky, but I'm noticing a definite Eavesish design aesthetic exists and is especially prevalent in this brute.

Is he the one who designed the Dominion cruiser and battleship and later on, the Sona ships?

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/jeffco/images/Image2.jpg

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/jeffco/images/Image4.jpg

Cuase this thing looks like a cross between both.
Eaves is deffinately running out of ideas.
Not only is this thing greyish silver, it also fires white blueish pulses like the Dominion and Sona.

[ June 27, 2002, 08:01: Message edited by: TheF0rce ]

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seeing it from below like that, I think it was definitely supposed to look like a bird... in keeping with the giant bird of prey symbol of the Romulan Empire. But the ship just looks un inspired. As has been said, it looks too much like the Dommie warship and the Son'a ships. And white/grey just doesn't seem very Romulan to me.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
And white/grey just doesn't seem very Romulan to me
That's because it's Reman.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

TheF0rce
Member # 533

quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
Seeing it from below like that, I think it was definitely supposed to look like a bird... .

Also looks kinda like a bat....

And seeing as how Remans look like sinister vampires....hmmmmmmmm.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right, I can understand that the Reman design ethic might be different... but from what I read on the Nemesis site, they seemed to imply that the Remans were actually descendants of Romulan settlers 2000 years ago, who looked nasty thanks to the old "fun with DNA" tricks that Trek loves to pull.

But I also agree, that ship looks very unoriginal... again. It reminds me of the Son'a and the Dominion cruiser, but also like a bizarre mutation of that Bajoran assault ship that we occasionally saw on DS9. Not to mention it has the same basic shape as a Klingon bird-of-prey.

Still, I'll wait till I see the movie before declaring it "crap." [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps