Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Other NX- ships (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Other NX- ships
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and of course, just because something was made in a fanboys basement doesnt make its a bad idea. the decals (and the Dauntless idea) are kinda appealing.. except that they dont much resemble whats going to actually be the canon truth of the matter.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My guess is that Earth will be the big push behind the Federation, while the Vulcans will stubbornly refuse to be a part of it at first. They won't believe that Earth is capable of spearheading such a grand project. But, when Earth tries and its efforts meet with surprising success... Vulcan takes the "logical" route and joins the group. Thus, history records them as one of the founding members of the Federation while forgetting the nasty little bit about them trying to break up the whole thing before it got started. This would satisfactorily explain why Vulcan naval tradition doesn't get as preserved in the Federation Starfleet.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Except for the fact that that totally denigrates a Star Trek race that we had the utmost respect for before Enterprise came along. And that sucks.

Honestly, this is not how I envisioned the events leading up to the formation of the Federation at all. As a matter of fact, the situation presented in Enterprise seems very reminiscent of the situation in the Delta Quadrant during Voyager's time there. Do you think that any Delta Quadrant races are going to form a cohesive union with one another anytime soon?

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No... but remember, Humans are uber better than everyone else in the galaxy.

[Smile]

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh sure, humans are perfect already. I'm sure that's exactly to sort of message that Gene would have approved of.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dukhat:
Except for the fact that that totally denigrates a Star Trek race that we had the utmost respect for before Enterprise came along. And that sucks.

Apart from the fact that they'd become snobby, arrogant bastards, you are right.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just found this knocking around my harddrive and thought I'd share it.

-

It basically illustrates my image of how the 22nd century class designations system is organised.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And when they got up to NCC (i.e. around the alphabet just over three times?) they stopped?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
um.. or it has nothing to do with that system.

letter classes in the 21st and 22nd centuries seem to be technical series 'J-class'; 'DY-class'; 'NX-class' with registries to match. kinda like the Navy, where class designation falls separate to type designation, CV-6; CVN-65, etc..

The Federation Starfleet doesnt seem to have an 'NCC-class'.. more likely it stands for something, like 'Naval Construction Contract' or the like. but its obvious that at somepoint between ENT and TOS that a separation is made between registries showing class, as all classes fall under NCC.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Mike, I know that. I was trying to put forward a theory that might LINK the two. Wouldn't have to if B&B hadn't called it NX-01.

Maybe a refit of the NC class was dubbed the NCC class - and at that time it was the first of the Federation Starfleet Starships and thus NCC was put before registries out of tradition and thusly NCC isn't an Acronym.

Maybe it was the NCB then NCC as said before.

Maybe NAR got stuck at the beginning of the Federation too!?!

Or yes, NX and the NX, NCC and NAR have NO connection what so ever (seeing as people have suggested that at least the N points to it being a Federation registry.)

Are there any other registries that are specifically Federation but don't have an 'N'?

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice Rev, but you misspelled Endeavour.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Are there any other registries that are specifically Federation but don't have an 'N'?

BDR.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

FTP was used in generations I think.
NAR originates directly from earth as the Mariposa readout calls it a UN registry.

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IIRC, "NCC" was established to mean "Naval Construction Contract" in TMP, when it appeared on computer screens based on Franz Joseph's Star Trek Blueprints.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NCC isn't an acronym.
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps