Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Musings about Sulu's deleted TWOK scene; Enterprise-A/Yorktown thing (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Musings about Sulu's deleted TWOK scene; Enterprise-A/Yorktown thing
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so THAT'S why they needed Sulu and Rand to replace Captain Styles and First Officer Miguel Ferrer!
J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find it highly unlikely that Rand became the first officer.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yet i believe that is what 'flashback' claimed.. or am i mistaken?

anywho I don't think its so far fetched.. we know that she became an ensign sometime after TMP (within 10 years of her joining Starfleet, according to dialogue), and that she was an officer in TSFS.. confusingly, she wore an enlisted jumpsuit in TVH, but she was and officer again in TUC aboard Excelsior, and the 'Flashback' episode had her wearing a commander pin.. by 2293, when TUC/Flashback took place, she had been an officer for some 17-19 years, more than enough time to recieve a commander's billet.

on the grounds that she stopped screaming at space monsters and asking commanders to look at her legs, that is.

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
'Flashback' episode had her wearing a commander pin
That doesn's really count since she wore a Lt. JG pin in TUC. God, I so have to finish my list about uniform errors.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

capped
Member # 709

actually, thats the one redeeming value of 'flashback', seeing as almost all my fandom references place her as the exec..

all the rest of flashback's inaccuracies be damned, though...

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
quote:
'Flashback' episode had her wearing a commander pin
That doesn's really count since she wore a Lt. JG pin in TUC. God, I so have to finish my list about uniform errors.
But yet she wore a Cmdr pin in TSFS and was credited as "Commander Rand" (despite the CPO uniform) in TVH. Of course, that fits with neither TUC nor "Flashback." (The latter had her with a Lt. Cmdr pin, IIRC.) Rand's rank history is about as confusing as O'Brien's... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
But yet she wore a Cmdr pin in TSFS and was credited as "Commander Rand" (despite the CPO uniform) in TVH. Of course, that fits with neither TUC nor "Flashback." Rand's rank history is about as confusing as O'Brien's...
Yeah. We can choose between:

1.) CPO in TMP -> Cmdr. in TSFS -> ignore CPO uniform in TVH -> ignore Lt. JG pin in TUC

2.) CPO in TMP -> ignore Cmdr. pin in TSFS -> CPO in TVH -> Lt. JG in TUC

I prefer variant 2.

It's also possible that the character in TSFS wasn't Rand, but that doesn't explain her sad look when she saw the Enterprise.

There's also a fourth theory with a demotion from Cmdr. to CPO but that's just silly. I don't know why I even mention that. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

capped
Member # 709

also disregarding that she said it took ten years before she was an ensign.. this precludes the TVH from being accurate already, since that was more than 10 years after her last appearance as a non-com.. seeing as she was already appeared and/or credited as commander rand in two previous movies, i think the lt jg is best disregarded.
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

quote:
she said it took ten years before she was an ensign..
Yeah, but she said that it in Flashback. Come on, Tuvok thought that the Praxis incident happened a few days ago (instead of 2 months), that Lt. Cmdr. Valtane was his bunkmate and died, and that Rand was a Lt. Cmdr. and you really believe he remembered that bit of information correctly?

--------------------

capped
Member # 709

haha we are going to pin this whole problem on Tuvok's brain being FUBAR!

he doesnt remember Valtane surviving!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valtane was probably near death - then was saved. Valtane was on the Bridge at the time of the end of TUC - Tuvok was not - maybe off duty? Spaced? Comotose after the attack by the BoP? Then shipped back to Vulcan to undergo medical treatment never to see Valtane again?

Did Rand have a NCO jump suit in the 'monitoring room' or just at the end where she claps?

Any reason why Majel didn't Cameo in TSFS - like on Vulcan? or in TUC?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus FLashback sucked so hard.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to throw my opinion in, when I saw TUC, I thought Valtane was the XO. I still stand by that feeling, as "Flashback" was major suckage...

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps