Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ MORE Future Tech! ["Future Tense" Spoilers] (Page 4)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: $$ MORE Future Tech! ["Future Tense" Spoilers]
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That, and the BoP/Defiant size/length conundrums.
Akira
Member # 850

- posted      Profile for Akira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone get the Future guys Holo thing screen caps i notice alot of ship on it and one that looks like an X-Wing from star wars

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Maybe; maybe not. Throughout TNG, the Tholians were basically regarded as enemies -- like Sol said. They attacked a starbase, they had an interest in the Klingon Civil War (or the potential for one, re: "Reunion"), and also the simulated battle that Riker fought in the Academy against a Tholian ship... that sounds like a rather consistent series of events prior to around 2368 or so. Not just random aggression like the various Klingon incidents we've seen.

Well, I suppose a coup or something similar isn't out of the question. Maybe even different factions/nations have decided to persue different courses of action as regards other races.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mabye their behavior can't be easily explained bacause they're fucking aliens!!!!
Why would a non-humanoid creature that lives in extreme heat and hard radiation, either wears crystal armor or is itself crystaline in nature and may not even posess limbs of any kind or have them grown specifically to suit a purpose have anything like human motivations?
Tholians could be the most unpredictible of all the Trek aliens due to their strangeness.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Akira
Member # 850

- posted      Profile for Akira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys i just took 157 screen caps from Future Tense

Ill post pics soon for your pleasure [Smile] just give me time to edit them.

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet! You could just slideshow the whole episode! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Akira
Member # 850

Gys rather than me Putting them up one by one im gonna zip them up so you guys can pick the ones you want

Lets put it this way
Ships in the episode

Voyager
Rhode Island
Rom Warbird
Rom BOP
Kling Freighter
New Valcun ship
Valkrin (spelling?)
and a few others that in mot sure of

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eagerly awaiting...

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Akira
Member # 850

Guys ill try to have them for ya tonight some time if i can find a place to put them ill have them on KAZZA tonight after 11pm EST

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...either wears crystal armor or is itself crystaline in nature..."

Or just regular armor w/ flat sides.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Akira:
Guys ill try to have them for ya tonight some time if i can find a place to put them ill have them on KAZZA tonight after 11pm EST

Well, that's helpful for people who use Kazaa... Which isn't necessarily everyone. [Wink]

What's the requirement for using Flare Upload, anyway? Is that 250 posts? Or 750? (I forget...)

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, the AEROSHUTTLE is in there! It's a top view that scrolls by a couple of times in the upper left corner. Later on, you see a rotating 3D view at the center top.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Aeroshuttle is finally canon! [Big Grin]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Akira
Member # 850

yeah i have like 75 shots from just the Future guy thing [Big Grin]

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's an Aeroshuttle? Guess I am not familiar with that one.

Wasnt there a Klingon Bird of Prey in the 31st C. ship directory?

Also...based on the known size of the Enterprise (approximately 225m), then using that to calculate the size of its nacelle (100m, approx 2.5 inches on a 19" tv) related to the Tholian cruiser that had Enterprise in a tractor beam (approximately 2.25 inches)-- Uncle Algebra tells us that the cruiser is around 90 meters in length. [Smile]

[ February 24, 2003, 03:04 AM: Message edited by: Futurama Guy ]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps