Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » If you were designing a starship ... (Page 4)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: If you were designing a starship ...
Akira
Member # 850

- posted      Profile for Akira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i never thought lego's was this big [Big Grin]

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
C'Mon! They've been around almost as long as Star Trek, and at that, they are Danish! [Eek!]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...after plane guard with the Independence, we started calling it the 'end-of-my-penis'."

And this was an insult? Maybe it's just me, but the end of my penis is one of my most prized posessions.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure there's supposed to be some witty remark here.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nah, lets give him the shaft, he doesnt deserve the pleasure of a witty retort, or a raspberry retort at that.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Futurama:

I need a lot of sloped white pieces!

I'd also like to get ahold of one of the Flare members who does computer screens, and try to get him to shrink some down in size, print them on decal paper, and apply them to the flat 1x2 and 2x2 bricks to get movie-era computer surfaces.

I've also been thinking of getting in touch with some custom-minifig makers and trying to get some TOS minifigs made up (hopefully, for cheap).

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

I will see what I have in white slopes.

As for getting customize figures: good luck, from what I have seen they never seem to be under $15 a piece!!! In fact, I sold the real deal Lego "Spiderman" figure on eBay [with the "Peter Parker" character (which was insignificant)] and it went for $12 to some nut.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's nothing: Leia goes for $80+.

I'm hoping to find someone who won't mind doing mini-figs in quantity for about $5 apiece. I'm hoping that if I can show the project well along, I might have some takers.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Darkwing
Member # 834

- posted      Profile for Darkwing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
"...after plane guard with the Independence, we started calling it the 'end-of-my-penis'."

And this was an insult? Maybe it's just me, but the end of my penis is one of my most prized posessions.

Hey, I didn't come up with it, and have no idea why the "my" is part of it. Just passing on some of the nicknames ships have acquired.

--------------------
Darkwing
If you don't drink the kool-aid, you're a *baaad* person - Rev Jim Jones
It is useless for sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while wolves remain of a different opinion - William Ralph Inge
Almond kool-aid, anyone? - DW
[email protected]

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

Snay:

Would you find any of these useful? I have easily a dozen in white (perhaps more) if you are interested.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Those are pretty cool ... I might get one or two off you to use for the name and registration, but the problem is that the slope isn't steep enough to make for practical use.

If you've got any skills with decals and making TOS graphics, though ... [Big Grin]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Next thing you know, Cthulhu will be part of the waste-extraction system, and Hastur will replace the warp drive.

Well, there was an Adniral Hastur leading the reinforcements in The way of the Warrior , so mabye the Lovecraft dieties are just root beer swilling desk-jockies.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shik:
That info alone would be most interesting to see Masao make patches on.

Man, I'm not going anywhere near those names, especially USS Foreskin.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait, you're making a starship out of legos?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Not a real starship. I mean, I'm not expecting to put it into orbit and send it on its merry way with a crew of Lego people, if that's what you mean.

But, yes, I am designing a Lego starship, inspired by "Star Trek" designs. It's a Constitution-Class family member, set in the movie era. I hope to find someone on Flare who does decals well who can "shrink 'em" in size and help me paste 'em to the flat Lego bricks so I can get the graphics correct.

I could design a starship like the Dragon Star, or the Mirthrandir, but I'd like to try something that no one has done before ...

... or at least, that no one has done it very well in my opinion (more about the ship here). I think it has an ugly interior, while the exterior isn't all that bad. I hope to surpass on both regards, as well as designing a starship that doesn't require supports to hold up the saucer (which, again, will be modeled as an actual saucer, and not that elongated thing the post-Voy Federation uses).

Also, while I think this is beautiful, it it micro-fig scale (or, there is no interior).

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps