Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » ($) Ships in WYLB (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: ($) Ships in WYLB
Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I doubt very seriously that any of the ships in the new footage had names or registries.
IP: Logged
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I think I saw the name of a Miranda when the fleet is moving to intercept the Dominion. I'll have to go back and look

------------------
"The one, the only, THE 359!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know it's the Defiant, but I'm going to call it São Paulo just to spite the dumbasses who didn't change the textures... :-)

------------------
"Flying Thompson's Gazelle of the Yard!"
-Inspector Fox, the Arguement Clinic sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's so painfully visible too...not even bothering to change the registry. *shakes his head*

------------------
"Angels and Ministers of Grace, defend us"
-Hamlet, Act I, Scene IV

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but they never said Sisko couldn't change the registry too. The orginal is destroyed, it's not like there will be a mix up in a junk yard someday.

*can't understand everyone's problem with the number*

------------------
"Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Optimus Prime."

Rule #1 : Always try to help a friend redeem himself from a past mistake.

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably because the registry read NX-74205. This indicates that the ship is experimental. If I'm not mistaken the Sao Paulo (Dunno exactly how to get the tilde on top of the a) is not experimental. Therefore, even if they did change the registry it should be NCC-74205.

------------------
"Angels and Ministers of Grace, defend us"
-Hamlet, Act I, Scene IV

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are talking about the same people who could not keep the Defiant to a certain length!!! If they can't keep the Defiant to look 170m, they won't bother to change the registry on her. They may think that we would not notice, but some of us here have big screen TV's!! Anyway, it was nice to see a Norway Class again since the last one I saw was blown up in First Contact. I saw that at though the visual effects people added things to the stock footage like the Akira Class being blown up in the scene with the Norway.

------------------
"Am I your fire
Your one desire
Yes I know it's too late
But I want it that way."

- Backstreet Boys

Deep6
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I missed the Norway, where was it?

------------------
"Well yeah ok thats just about the most awful thing I've ever seen"

IP: Logged
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, the ship was a Saber, not a Norway. It's the one that fires a phaser shot upward and to the right, correct?

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"Let's get those missiles ready to destroy the universe!" - TMBG

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright, I definatly got something here. While watching the repeat of the episode last night, I definatly caught part of a Miranda registry. NCC-18.... I couldn't get the rest so quickly, but there is also a name visible. I'll check it and get back to you. This Miranda is seen coming from the top center of the screen, and comes down to the bottom right so that it is practically level. As it comes down, you can see the registry on the bottom, and when it's level, you can see the name on top.

------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where exactly in the episode is that?

------------------

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

Alright, I'm back, and I think I got it. NCC-13471. I can't be totally sure, but I know that's close. The scene is where you see those Peregrine fighters real close flying in front of the Klingons. They sweep to the left, and the Miranda ends up in the bottom right corner. The registry is on the bottom of the hull, very briefly. Something si written on the top, but I can't tell if it's a registry or name

------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Hmm. The Miranda's registry is only barely visible...not enough to tell, really.

------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I noticed that one, too. However, due to poor tape quality and lack of a huge television, I couldn't make out the number. By the time the ship gets close enough to the camera to be pretty legible, only the last two digits are still there, and the picture was too blurry for me to read them.

------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Okay, never mind... The one I was thinking of was the reused Majestic. I'm not sure which one you're tlaking about, and I don't feel like going to look at the tape again... :-)

------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps