Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Is this a bow shot of a New Orleans Class frigate? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Is this a bow shot of a New Orleans Class frigate?
newark
Member # 888

- posted      Profile for newark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I was perusing Decipher's web site, I came upon this card. Ignoring the information, can you answer my question?

decipher.com/startrek/cardlists/allgoodthings/large/ST1E-ENAGTO35.html

*This is the web page. The coding for this board or the coding at Decipher would seem not to allow a direct link to this page.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You link didint work.

...although I'd love to see that pic.

Here's a question: Where can i find ppics of the ships from the Wizards of the Coast STar Trek RPG "The Price of Freedom"?
I know the art sucks terribly,....and yet I'm intrested in mabye building one of those ships as a challenge.
To make it actually look cool. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The page you are trying to reach is not available.

Please accept our apologies and visit the rest of the Decipher website.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.decipher.com/startrek/cardlists/allgoodthings/

And follow the U.S.S. Drake link at the bottom.

Sure looks like a New Orleans, but the text says Wambundu class...

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Where can i find ppics of the ships from the Wizards of the Coast STar Trek RPG "The Price of Freedom"?

Last Unicorn Games, not WOTC. Though WOTC did buy LUG this was only months before the Trek RPG license was yanked and given to Decipher, so no Trek products ever came out under the Wizards name. Anyway there are scans of the original ships from The Price of Freedom on my web site.

Deneva
Apollo
Niagara
Merced
Rigel

I didn't bother putting up scans of the bad drawings of the known designs.

--------------------
"My theories appal you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie." - The Doctor

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the link (added to favorites), but those are far worse than I remembered!

Somebodt should have got the job of rendering the ships that had more than an hour's experience with paintshop or whatever was used in those pics!
Best of all, the windows are pasted on crooked and don't follow the saucer's edge!
Hell, The Niagra does'nt even have the third nacelle! [Confused]

...oddly enough, the pic of their "Niagra" is the only rendering possibly worth making a model of: they missed the Niagra's likeness by so much that it look like a wholly unique class! [Big Grin]

They really should have come to Flare for their talent.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
New Orleansish, but not.. it appears to be a photoshopping of a Galaxy photo.. note the non-NO looking upswept pylons? this is an interesting proposal for the Wambundu-class **grumblegrumble low registry to be in the Galaxy family grumblegrumble**

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a very quick photoshopping of that standard Enterprise beauty shot.

Not very interesting, and not suited for the Wambundu class [Razz]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wambundu Class a.k.a Light Cruiser

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing "light" about that elephant. The first step in all Galaxy kitbashing is to alter the scale of the saucer, i.e. to change the number and size of portholes on it. Otherwise, you get a ship as big as Picard's, and he'll be very, very annoyed at you.

Timo Saloniemi

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a shame, Decipher's art department is usually really good. That pic isn't very well done at all. [Frown]

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They could have done better. Only the Starfleet logo on the bottom seems to have been inserted. The rest is a simple cut&paste from a publicity photo.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Triton
Member # 1043

- posted      Profile for Triton         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. It looks like the connecting pylon between the primary and secondary hulls just collapsed in on itself. A Galaxy-class starship suffering from metal fatigue? Anyone thinking of the song "Low Rider" by War?

Well you didn't think that Decipher was going to build a new model for you did you?

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They've airbrushed out the second row of windows on the ventral saucer. But other than that, it's a mediocre kitbash job for a ship design not from that era in the first place.

Mark <--- Our top speed is warp three. What's yours?

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
It's a very quick photoshopping of that standard Enterprise beauty shot.

Not very interesting, and not suited for the Wambundu class [Razz]

VERY quick... absolutely that 'well known' beauty shot.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Masaki
Member # 1030

- posted      Profile for Masaki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is another beauty shot which I made.

U.S.S. DRAKE

--------------------
"There are no three warp-engined or single warp-engined ships in Starfleet!".
(Gene Roddenberry)
Starship Class

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps