Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Is this a bow shot of a New Orleans Class frigate? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Is this a bow shot of a New Orleans Class frigate?
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
here's the pic that was photochopped from
 -

here's a real shot of the NO model from Bernd's site, with its lack of lower windows, correctly scaled hulls and non-curved-with-a-rounded-corner-instead nacelle struts.. i suggest that DW get glasses

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/neworleans/neworleans-mechanics.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
Interestingly, the top view of the Rigel bears a striking resemblance to the Saber and the Deneva looks hella like the Steamrunner. When did that book come out?

actually the Saber amd Steamrunner were also featured in that book.. i believe the artists were asked to come up with SF ships that resembled the evolution of those seen in FC.. obviously many other facets of SF design got short shrift due to everyones fervor for the newer designs
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not that their schematics of the Sabre or Steamrunner were anything like accurate either though. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

darkwing_duck1
Member # 790

- posted      Profile for darkwing_duck1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, now I'm officially confused...are we talking about the actual image here or the design?
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the image doesnt do the design justice.. it is arranged the same way, but by that logic the Constitution, Excelsior, Ambassador and Galaxy are all arranged the same way.. they all have separate designs, and the cheap photochopped Wambundu bears only a passing resemblance to the actual NO model.

yeah, the LUG schematics suck.. i think i should redraw them!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile] I was thinking about that too. The top views are workable... but the side views should be disregarded completely. It actually looks like two seperate people did the top view and side view. And since it seems obvious that the top views were influenced heavily by the FC ships... that's essentially the case.

Ok...so... race ya!

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL! Amasov... one of the Titan's features is a gay bar!?! heeheheh.

What does that allow you to do during the game!?! [Smile]

"You may choose any male character from the opponent's deck". [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wesley's on that ship, right? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps