Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Spacedock Realization... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Spacedock Realization...
Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've kinda of wondered that, myself. Is it possible that it's got to do w/the angle? Maybe it's a Federation class refit dreadnought nacelle...?

Nah, then you'd definitely see the saucer in that pic.

*Sigh* Guess I need to pull that tape out and watch it again. You guys put me thru such torture here, makin' me think and forcing me to watch Trek movies....

Thanks! [Big Grin]

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a tip, with those vidcaps, ramp the Gamma up to see details.
Woodside Kid
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for Woodside Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What else could it have been besides a Constitution? AFAIK, the only two models with that nacelle in existence at that time were the TMP E and the Reliant. If there had been a third film-quality movie-era miniature, surely we would have seen it somewhere by now. Hell, if they'd had another, never-before-seen design ready to go, why would they have re-used the Reliant model for the Saratoga?

--------------------
The difference between genius and idiocy? Genius has its limits.

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Incidentally, here's that freighter-thingy, as well as one of the Phase II models (thanks Bernd):
 -

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could this be another ship? [Eek!]

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that sarcasm?
Sargon
Member # 1090

- posted      Profile for Sargon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Could this be another ship?

Why, yes! It's the Star Trek: Phase 3 cardboard maquette for the USS Pedantic Git (NCY-1021)! Well spotted.

--------------------
Never fear... Sargon is here.

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) Why are the pictures so dark?

2) In Guardian's pic I see two ships and shuttle... right above the shuttle is one ship and in the bottom right is another... which one are you talking about?

3) In Spike's pic ship #2 from 2) is in the bottom left. What is the thing circled in white?

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
Could this be another ship? [Eek!]

No darling that's a ledge.
Apparently one that is retractable.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
Is that sarcasm?

Yep. The absence of the structure in TVH does not necessarily indicate a ship. [Wink]

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J:

2) In Guardian's pic I see two ships and shuttle... right above the shuttle is one ship and in the bottom right is another... which one are you talking about?

There are a total of four vehicles present. There's the Spacedock shuttle thingy, a Phase II study model (on the left), the Enterprise's ass, and the big hauler which was being discussed on the lower right.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah... I recognize it, slightly, now... Ok... Thanks. Phase 2... yeah, that's it

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

TheYoshinator
Member # 1066

- posted      Profile for TheYoshinator     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, consider this about the Connie Nacelle sitting in the travel pod fly-over...

They do get creative with mattes at times. They may have simply matted out the saucer in that scene since it would have obscured so much.

For instance...

Take the escape pod scene from First Contact. Watch the pods from the far side of Enterprise E... they book a** across the scene and leave the frame. As the camera pans around to look towards Earth.. some of those pods are no longer there. If they had been... that scene would have had too many pods in view, resulting in a very busy scene and obscuring alot of the Earth image beyond.

Basically its just creative licensing.

I seriously doubt that they spent a bunch of money by building another model, such as a dreadnaught, just for that tarvel pod scene.

I love to read the way you guys justify things. But sometimes you totally run past the most obvious answers in your efforts to do so.. heh

Keep it up though, I do love the creativity of this forum!

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Guardian 2000:
Incidentally, here's that freighter-thingy, as well as one of the Phase II models (thanks Bernd):
 -

I'm sorry, but where the hell do you see a "freighter-thingy" amoung the black, the rear of the Enterprise and the blue lights?? [Confused]

quote:
Originally posted by TheYoshinator:
Watch the pods from the far side of Enterprise E... they book a** across the scene and leave the frame.

C'mon, this isn't the Carebear forum....you can say "ass" on here. Ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass.......

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, Futurama Guy, check out the lower right corner of the photo, compare that to the pictures brought up before.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps