Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$$ Test the Tech! ("Proving Ground" spoilers) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$$ Test the Tech! ("Proving Ground" spoilers)
TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Andorians seem to have 'fast' subspace communications, though there are many trek references to messages taking weeks to get back to starfleet. Maybe the Enterprise can send signals OUT that can be picked-up with sensitive communication arrays on Earth, but can't receive much.

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
-I figured all this time they were always going DEEPER into the Expanse. The seem to have backtracked somewhat, since it didn't take them that much time to get back to the distortion field. I wonder if someone in production is making a map...
As I understood it, the distortion field they were referring to was the one that wrecked the Enterprise at the beginning of this episode. That's all.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also loved the shot of Archer in front of the viewscreen. It reminds me of "My Favorite Martian". "My Favorite Andorian"?

When Shran first came aboard the Enterprise and was walking around Archer's ready room, I noticed that his antennae ducked (bent backward) with about an inch to spare as he walked under the exposed beam. I know it's just a little thing, but I love it when they pay attention to stuff like that!

B.J.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Mark noted:
Ditto with the bridge - the Andorians have twin forward consoles, outward-facing standing consoles, and a vaguely circular layout. I doubt it's intentional, but the melding of Earth and Andorian engineering techniques seems to be in the cards. It doesn't hurt that Andorian technology (injectors, shields, etc.) seem to be easily meshed with Earth tech.

Actually I noticed that this was the first time we see the dual console thing but I thought it might just be a flashy redress of another set...
Is the Andorian bridge smaller than Enterprise's?
Seems that way: kinda a Trek tradition to have the ship's babe feel to the left of the Captain.

Two odd things about this episode: No anomaly detection by Porthos the wonder dog, and Phlox aparantly feels "if you've seen one Andorian in skintight leather, you've seen em all..."

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Oh...I dont know....definitely in the sensor departments but if you consider Lt. Talas, said she "hasn't seen weaponry as primitive as Enterprise's since her tactical training days", that implies that Andorians were using simmular weapons during her training.
Mabye 10-15 years prior to this episode, tops.

Or she was trained aboard an old ship equipped with primitive weaponry like the USS Republic or Gorch Fock.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or Andorians live a looong time and she's older than she looks.

Just a theory. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well until we get hold of the latest copy of Mature Andorian Babes, we just won't know, will we? 8)

Just posted some pics from the ep in the Andorian Ships thread, BTW.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Yah. Good shots too: We're seriously talking about making a Andorian starship model or three over at SSM.
It's mostly a coffin with wings so it cant be too hard...

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you make a model of the Andorian babe though?

If Andorian women have blue boobs, do Andorian men have..... nevermind. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, the xindi ship that looked identical to the shuttle we saw in an earlier episode, was it meant to be the same, or a large-scale version?

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"There's no place they aren't green. No place at all." [Roll Eyes]

I gather the Andorians could have a subspace relay infrastructure in place, just outside the Expanse. Earth has nothing of the sort - whatever the Enterprise is sowing is usually being destroyed at the same rate.

And without ever seeing a single Andorian episode of ENT live, I'm deeply in love with these guys. And gals. This is becoming FUN!

Timo Saloniemi

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quick note on rewatch: Archer called Gralik an "Arboreal Xindi" rather than the production-established "Xindi Sloth". Makes more political sense, and brings all the names into a common continuum. Reptilian, Insectoid, Aquatic, Arboreal, Humanoid. The last one doesn't QUITE fit, I guess...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup. Should be Mammalian or something.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I think Gralik referred to himself as an "aboreal Xindi" as well when recounting his race's past wars.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You forgot the avians... of course everyone forgets the pretty birdies that got waperized by nuqueor missiles.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps