Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$$ Test the Tech! ("Proving Ground" spoilers) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$$ Test the Tech! ("Proving Ground" spoilers)
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Should be Mammalian or something."

Well, no, since the sloths are, presumably, mammals, too. Possibly the fish as well, for all we know.

I would think something based on the word "primate" would make the most sense, if "humanoid" must be avoided.

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone else get the feeling the Xindi are from one of David Brin's "Uplift Wars" trilogies?

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:

I would think something based on the word "primate" would make the most sense, if "humanoid" must be avoided.

In the "Friendly Sloth" episode, the humanoids *were* called 'primates' by the sloths.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WizArtist:
Does anyone else get the feeling the Xindi are from one of David Brin's "Uplift Wars" trilogies?

Now that you mention it.. that would explain a lot. Archer keeps asking how six sentient species grew-up on the same planet. I wonder when we will see the ISLAND OF DOCTOR MOREAU episode.

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We saw that in reverse on TNG and that was more than enough, thank you.

Possibly the Xindi are descendants of a advanced race (the Sphere builders) that were dying off and changed their own genetic code into the various Xindi races to allow for the best chance of survival (genetic novelty being the ke to evolution) made as a physical deterrent to outside races interfereing with their evolution.

mabye.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Regarding 'safe-mode' of torpedoes:
A) If the new torpedoes use antimatter warheads (as in the 23rd & 24th century), I'd assume the antimatter had not yet been injected.
B) If the new torpedoes use fission/fusion warheads, then the fuses were deactivated/removed.

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They do use AM warheads. The Klingons said so.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps