Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » CGI model of the E-J (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: CGI model of the E-J
RAMA4
Member # 1229

- posted      Profile for RAMA4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CGI model

Thought I'd post a link to the only cgi model I saw of the E-J so far. Its on another board so I hope its not a prob.

RAMA

--------------------
Modern bodybuilding is ritual, religion, sport, art, and science, awash in Western chemistry and mathematics. Defying nature, it surpasses it.

CAMILLE PAGLIA

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That guy does nice work. I still think the saucer is eliptical, though.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The pictures I've seen of the ship seem to suggest that the saucer is wider than it is long.
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAHAHAHAHAH ITS THE TREKKIES MULLET KID.

Hillarious. Back on AOL this kid was annoying as all hell. Thank god I got out of CG long enough to realize AOL sucked and left that circle forever. He used to troll on my art on "The Bridge" chat all the time

I cant even find the Ent-J

Too bad his CGI work became so much more succesfull then mine.

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you sure guys it's not the perspective? To my inexperiencied eye it looks circular [Smile]

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That mullet guy in "Trekkies" was SOOOO... y'know.

Like when Conan O'Brien does his 'nerd' impression. [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The saucer to me was ellipsoid.

How did he get an underside view? What you saw of it was just a computer graphic of the top and maybe a bit of the side!

--------------------

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
The saucer to me was ellipsoid.

How did he get an underside view?

I'm guessing, and don't hold me to this, that it was improvised. [Big Grin]

...and I agree, the saucer is too circular in this CGI.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, he did say that he knows the guy who designed it, so he may have had some hints...
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ummm...."the guy that designed it", I believe, would John Eaves as he's Enterprise's illustrator.

Eaves will be a key guest at Wonderfest later this month and several of us modelers will be asking many questions about this new ship.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Can you also ask why his designs always look similar - i.e. pointy some-what... and/or have those half-moon pods on them... like the Jemmie battlecruiser, the Valdore or the "ENT" Klingon ship.

--------------------

Ayre
Member # 1218

- posted      Profile for Ayre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright, am I the only one having trouble finding this supposed image of the E-J? Is it hidding away in a mystery directory? is it if I assmble the 1st, 4th and 9th Battlestar Galactica images? Do I decode the 1's and 0's of the site to make an ASCII picture?

--------------------
Wit is educated insolence

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Basically, [the Enterprise-J's designer]had three strong designs for the J, and in the end the producers did indeed pick a different one than his personal favorite.
Hmm. Interesting. I wonder what the other designs looked like.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Can you also ask why his designs always look similar - i.e. pointy some-what... and/or have those half-moon pods on them... like the Jemmie battlecruiser, the Valdore or the "ENT" Klingon ship.

Sure! I'll ask Sternbach whay all his ships have that damned notch carved out of their nose while I'm at it. [Wink]

I would call him on the blatant re-use of dominion nacelles on the Enterprise RBOP and Paptor.

[ March 09, 2004, 07:55 PM: Message edited by: Jason Abbadon ]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, the Raptor's nacelles aren't too bad; however, I have to agree with you on the PBOP. The nacelles are so similar to a Jem'Hadar ship's, it's ridiculous.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps