Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Refs needed for top of Excelsior suacer (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Refs needed for top of Excelsior suacer
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'd rather accept 42296 for the Hood. However, I would also accept 2541 as the Hood also, one that is a predecessor to 42296. Part of the batch of Excelsiors that included the Repulse.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it's an alternate registry like the Yamato?

Wasn't the Farpoint shot used for a lot of other stock shots of Excelsiors leaving - does that mean that they too are Excelsior type 1?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Masaki
Member # 1030

- posted      Profile for Masaki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
quote:
and the kimono is stuck the color and detail of the sensor for planets
hehehe. Where is the Kimono on the Excelsior? [Smile]
Better translation is ...

quote:
It can be seen that some black vinyl tape or something have stuck to some places of a hull.
The kimono is hidden into the aztec patterns. [Razz]

--------------------
"There are no three warp-engined or single warp-engined ships in Starfleet!".
(Gene Roddenberry)
Starship Class

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Lousy computers.
When will they learn?

About 20 minutes before they slaughter every human on the planet.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nonsense!
They'll love us as their parents and serve us faithfully and with respect...just as all children do.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And 0.68 seconds later, they'll nuke us anyway.
seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, hows about we get back to the refs I'm needing? Any and all available high-res photos of the studio model's saucer (Ent-B or Excelsior, but not Greg Jein's model) would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

"The ulimate measure of a man is not where he stands in times of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy."
-- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:
And 0.68 seconds later, they'll nuke us anyway.

Come on....would you ever want to nuke your parents?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I had a computer brain, sure. B)
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I'll ask you again after Thanksgiving.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*cough, cough*

quote:
OK, hows about we get back to the refs I'm needing? Any and all available high-res photos of the studio model's saucer (Ent-B or Excelsior, but not Greg Jein's model) would be greatly appreciated.
LOL [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

"The ulimate measure of a man is not where he stands in times of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy."

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Sean, I hate to say it but it seems like we've all pretty much exhausted out known sources for studio model pics. If what you're looking for isn't on one of those sites, it probably isn't on the internet. Sorry. [Frown]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

seanr
Member # 277

LOL. Paramount needs to provide more detailed and accurate reference material, then. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Hey! The hood's an Excelsopr Pre-Fit!
It still has the old bridge, impulse crystal and that odd dome at the aft.

I didint know that!

So the prototype style of Excelsior is still in service into the TNG era (and the Hood herself was built long after the Excelsior was refit for STVI) so that makes the prototype version a viable variant (not just a one-off that ws changed as tech was refined).

Cool- from my geeky starship modeler perspective. [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Maybe it's an alternate registry like the Yamato?

Wasn't the Farpoint shot used for a lot of other stock shots of Excelsiors leaving - does that mean that they too are Excelsior type 1?

Well, one point to note in all of this is: Star Trek VI hadn't been made yet. Since the model would not have been too clear on 80's TV screens, I doubt they felt a need to detail the model any more.

And, is it just me or is Steve Gawley wearing an Expo 86 hat? http://starshipclass.com/SFCE/starship/hood/hood_sGawley.jpg if he is that definatly isn't ST3 [Big Grin]

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Actually, that looks like a Buckaroo Banzai hat.

The Excelsior was not "refit" at the time TNG started so I guess we have a winnah on the issue of the Hood being a "Pre-Fit"!

hmmmm......making a pre-fit (STIII Excelsior) out of the Generations Refit (Enterprise B)model is even more problematic than making the STVI version Excelsior from it!

Ug.

A modeler's work is never done.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps