Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Refs needed for top of Excelsior suacer (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Refs needed for top of Excelsior suacer
SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Boh:
And, is it just me or is Steve Gawley wearing an Expo 86 hat? http://starshipclass.com/SFCE/starship/hood/hood_sGawley.jpg if he is that definatly isn't ST3 [Big Grin]

That picture was first published in the old Starlog Star Trek Magazine and the caption had something to do with them uncrating the Excelsior model to refurbish for a shot in TNG as the Hood. That explains the '86 on the hat.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Were the ends of the warp nacelles changed for ST VI? Or have they not put the tops back on in that picture?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as I know, the nacelles did not change at all between ST III and ST VI. It looks to me like they removed the endcaps (probably to check the wiring or something) - the Excelsior has never appeared like that in any show or movie.

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

"The ulimate measure of a man is not where he stands in times of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy."
-- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No nacelle changes till Enterprise B shows up.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The nacelle cap thing missing is just the area where they can remove a panel for lighting and wiring of the navigation lights.

Although the Enterprise-B has a fin on top, you can still see in THIS PICTURE the seam line where the removable panel is.

seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right, but that never appeared before Star Trek Generations, which is what all of us have already been saying. [Wink]

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

"The ulimate measure of a man is not where he stands in times of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy."

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why the heck do you need this refrence again?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

SoundEffect
Member # 926

quote:
Originally posted by seanr:
Right, but that never appeared before Star Trek Generations, which is what all of us have already been saying. [Wink]

The seam line for that removable panel was always there, yes, it's just that the behind the scenes photo was taken with that panel removed and think that it's a nacelle variation or some such thing. Just a removed panel.
Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Why the heck do you need this refrence again?

My guess is that he's building a 1:1 scale model and wants to be precise. Given the level of detail that is seemingly required about this not-too-significant bit of the ship, that's the only conclusion I can draw.

[Smile]

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
on 1:1 models: i built a 1:1 Constitution on my dad's property but the nacelles keep falling off.. one crushed the garage, and there are a lot of animals getting into deck 23 where the laundry processing area, antimatter storage, and bowling alley are. the whole thing is more trouble than its worth, man...

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's trying for force people to make super accurite 3d models [Big Grin]
seanr
Member # 277

Boh, that's not exactly accurate. Yes, I dumped a load of refs on al3d, but it's his choice whether to fix the nits or not. My main gripe with him is he was contradicting me on a very obvious point, and he got me rather peeved. [Wink] Had he said, "Yes, you're right, but I like it better this way," I'd have dropped it immediately, because at that point, it becomes a case of artistic license. But, when the refs scream one thing, and you insist claiming it is something completely to the contrary, that's just hard-headedness and deserves to be refuted.

That said, I am collecting refs primarily for my own project, the restart of which was inspired by his and overwhelmingly voted for by those who chose to vote in my thread. You can see my thread in the SFM 3D WIPs forum (haven't you replied to it?).

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Note he still doesn't say what his project is I bet it is working 1:1 model and he just doesn't want to share.

I call dibs on OPS - I don't think that console blows up as much.

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

seanr
Member # 277

Go here and scroll down:

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14025&page=2

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps