Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ For Whom the Tech Tolls ["E^2" Spoilers] (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: $$ For Whom the Tech Tolls ["E^2" Spoilers]
Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In "Cease Fire"[ENT2], the Enterprise demonstrated the ability to achieve a speed of 1460c. With her injectors running at 110% (though, as stated, they are rated to withstand 120%), she was able to reach Weytahn, "a dozen light-years" from her original position, in three days.

Given the present low speed of the ship, plus time to refit based on the NX-Gen ship specs, the three day trip at greater-than-five works pretty well, actually, at least going by the "Cease Fire" example.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Futurama Guy:
Do stars drift that much in 117 years? Isn't that like 5 seconds in interstellar time?

If there was a nova in the immeadeate area, yeah.
Otherwise...probably not much (although Mayweather's nav-computer would've registered any diffrences, I'm sure).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enterprise, that is, the real one, shoots from all over the place now.
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
Karyn Archer is part alien because Archer (her great-grandfather) married an Ikaran (ph) whom Enterprise rescued.

Ikaaran. Her name was Esilia. And the species that attacked them in the nebula was the Kovaalans. Just for the sake of clarification for those keeping track of alien races. [Wink]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
Also note the damage from last week's plasma coolant accident.

Um... what damage from last week's?
On this screen this area looks completely untouched.

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AH. I see now. I thought that black scar was it, but that was obviously already there.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
Karyn Archer is part alien because Archer (her great-grandfather) married an Ikaran (ph) whom Enterprise rescued.

Ikaaran. Her name was Esilia. And the species that attacked them in the nebula was the Kovaalans. Just for the sake of clarification for those keeping track of alien races. [Wink]
Geee, I hope John remembers to rescue her now. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I beg your pardon? Esilia lived a century in the past. And she was either rescued by another ship or perished in the anomaly field.

Unless of course you want to take into account the Many Worlds Hypothesis (smart but often difficult thing to do) in which case she was still rescued by the NX-01.

And another ship.

And perished.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is the Enterprise fireing from the "Superchargers"?
Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. I am slowly but surely working on a timeline/catalog of her weapons and where they emerge from . . . I haven't seen the supercharger cannons before, though that might be the origin point for some other mystery shots seen on other occasions.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IIRC, the original shipboard pulse cannons (way back in "Broken Bow") also fired from roughly the same area. Perhaps they were (finally) upgraded to phase cannons.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
AH. I see now. I thought that black scar was it, but that was obviously already there.

If you compare those two caps you'll notice that this scar changed shape [Confused]

G2k, perhaps this thread will be useful to you. [Smile]

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they completely without warp drive now? IIRC, they didn't get the upgrades from the other ship, and their coil/injector/alkwefokdsf... SOMETHING got busted in the attack. Notice that the port nacelle is not glowing in the last scene.

B.J.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meh, I'm sure they'll fix that. They busted a "drive coil" this time around, but it might be a duct-tape kinda fix. As for the "supercharger" phase cannons, I believe they were first seen in "Shockwave, Part II" when Enterprise was being swarmed by Suliban cell ships.

I've actually got a pet theory regarding the number of phase cannons... I think they actually DO have only three or four, but the cannons themselves are able to travel around the ship on rails. We've seen that the cannons aren't very large, and deploy from hatches on extending arms. What if the cannons are capable of moving around inside the ship to get from the bottom hatches we usually see them in, to the top ones? What if whatever goes into making the phase cannons is so complicated or expensive that it's more efficient to deploy them from various hatches rather than getting more of them?

I know this is reaching, but I'm inspired by what's been said of the never-seen robot arms Enterprise has, according to the designer. Said arms are on movable cradles (a la planned ISS modules) that can deploy from the top OR bottom doors we see on either side of the saucer. If they can do that with big robot arms...

Mark

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The busted drive coil took down the impulse engine, leading me to think that they might be referring to the space-time drive coils mentioned in TNGTM. Too bad they missed the part about them being introduced over a hundred years later.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps