Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » DC Comic Trek Bridges (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: DC Comic Trek Bridges
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sulu will be even more pissed to realize that while he was...er....in a coma or something, they squeezed another five year mission with Kirk commanding the Excelsior between STIII-IV.

Somehow.

It would explain the refit on Excelsior between STIII -VI: they had to get the kirk-stink out of the ship (and the horrible stains-everywhere!)

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that the series that began with the alt-Enterprise from "Mirror, Mirror" invading our universe? I had the first two issues of that.

And was it 5 years or nothing for Kirk? Hardly flexible, was he?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kirk's flexibility varies with his waistline.
TMP Kirk- anything goes.
STV Kirk- not so much.

I really have no idea why they have Kirk in command of the (ever changing) Excelsior in the comics.

Nor any real desire to know, frankly.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then I shall tell you!

Those particular comics happened in the 2+ year lapse between ST3 and ST4. The writers plopped everyone into a "Mirror Universe Saga" for 6-8 issues, where Evil Kirk and Evil Spock (who had regained his Evilness) convinced Evil Starfleet to invade this dimension. Luckily, our Good Excelsior (which had just captured the gang's BoP) and Good Starfleet (with "Good" Styles being shuffled over to Good Fleet command aboard the USS Christopher Pike) managed to kick their Evil butts. It finished with Spock being given command of the Oberth-esque science vessel USS Surak, while everyone else got the Excelsior.

I got the Mirror Universe reprint from the same clearance bin as that TNG thing. Art's about the same, really, though at least they were consistent with the uniforms and phasers (though not with the ships, tricorders or anything else. BTW, the big red bad guy was Redjac, back for another round of murder and mayhem aboard the Excelsior.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I'm hoping the next time I get drunk, only the brain cells that held the above information are lost.

The entire premise reads like "Series?".

"Series?" is actually far more plausable.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Curiously Caped Comic Crew should make a cameo on Series: ?.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Russell Christiansen
Member # 1333

- posted      Profile for Russell Christiansen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's why I usually would stick with the second series. Although there was one interesting aspect of the second series. In the first bunch of comics, all the women wore skirts! We know that it was an option for females, but after "Star Trek V," I presume the artists were confused after seeing Uhura and the Yeoman in that story wearing skirts. Though the comics had them depicted as very short (TOS-esque). I could almost swear in some of the photos that they were in hot pants!
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
During the first season of TNG, skirts were an option for women *and* men. Thank goodness Worf never availed himself of that option.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And both Yar and Troi never wore them beyond the pilot episode. (well Troi was seen with them in the alternate past from the series finale).

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Sulu will be even more pissed to realize that while he was...er....in a coma or something, they squeezed another five year mission with Kirk commanding the Excelsior between STIII-IV.

Actually, during the DC Excelsior days, Sulu was the first officer. However, in the few issues I've read, Sulu rarely ever did anything but sit at the helm of the ship. Go figger.

For those that don't know, they also had a selection of much younger secondary characters aboard that got the lion's share of action after Kirk, McCoy and to a lesser extent Scotty. Can't remember them all, but there was a Klingon defector named Konom who was also a powerful telepath, and a human named Bearclaw who ended up stabbing Kirk through the heart for some reason.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember Bearclaw... but it's fuzzy. Actually... I think I remember him from the "Who's Who in Star Trek" thing that came out... I may still have it... must find tonight...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, are we going to get pictures of these bridges, or just mocked by freakish images of caped crewmembers and bellowing space monsters?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They look like hot pants in that picture. And why is the woman so concerned about her husband "holding" the doors? Since when have crew members ever had to wait for a turbolift? Or is she worried about being 5 seconds late for her shift? Picard must be a bastard when it comes to timekeeping.

KIRK!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

I'd be a bastard too if I had to wear a green dress uniform with gold fringe.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Russell Christiansen
Member # 1333

- posted      Profile for Russell Christiansen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, in the first page, we have bridges of the USS Tubman and USS Marco Polo from the TNG comics.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps