Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ Gene-TECH-al Engineering? ["Borderland" Spoilers] (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: $$ Gene-TECH-al Engineering? ["Borderland" Spoilers]
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...for the same reason anyone still names their children Adolf or Joseph today. [Wink]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:

-A Y-class freighter is seen in orbit as Enterprise pulls in. I'm guessing that it's either an oversight, or a batch of humans in a piddly little warp 2 transport with one plasma gun can handle more than we are led to think in such hostile territory.

Whats not to say the ECA or even independant humans trade with the Orions or are traders themselves? Captain Pike was portrayed as one, as well as the two fellows at his table, in "The Cage" and it didnt seem too out of the ordinary for them in the scenario.

Arik had an association with them, so they are known to be tolerant with humans, I'm sure, for a price.

--------------------

DoughBoy05
Member # 1417

- posted      Profile for DoughBoy05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didnt Mayweathers family miss a rendezvous with an Orion Frieghter back in season 2?

--------------------
"Well, Sergeant? Aren't you going to say that it's bigger on the inside than it is on the outside? Everybody else does."

"It's pretty obvious, isn't it?"

The Doctor and Sgt. Benton, in "The Three Doctors"

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is indeed correct. Welcome to the board.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

DoughBoy05
Member # 1417

- posted      Profile for DoughBoy05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks been lurking for years, finally got off my keaster. [Smile]

--------------------
"Well, Sergeant? Aren't you going to say that it's bigger on the inside than it is on the outside? Everybody else does."

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Supposedly, Roddenberry knew a guy named "Noonian Singh" or something similar during the war.

(The magazine article where I read this went on to claim that he named characters after that man because he had lost touch with him, and hoped that the guy would see his name on TV and give him a call, or something; but I don't know how much we should rely on half-remembered articles I read a decade ago.)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember reading that somewhere too... and that the person never contacted him.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone else pick out any aliens?? I thought one looked rather like the Xindi Reptilians - but different I think - trying to make milage out of the prosthetics?

There was a human-looking woman bidding... her nose was bajoran-esque but not bajoran - more like the noses from the 'drug' episode from Season 1 TNG.

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are called 'Westmore aliens'. They're made up of whatever's lying around.

I think I did spot a few of the 'silly hat aliens' from DS9. And a lot of people in robes. These might be related to the robed guys from "Journey to Babel". Or perhaps Landru wants some slaves.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

DoughBoy05
Member # 1417

I spy Tellarites and Naussicaans

--------------------

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

Big Show, the actor playing the Orion/T'pol puppetmaster, is a huge fusker! It was strange seeing him without his facial hair, and the green paint.

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"fusker"?

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

ok, why not spoil it for the kids.

I meant: "fucker".

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

I see.

Verifications of spellings, etc., from the closed-captioning log:

Trialas (System where Soong raised the Augments.)

Verex III (Location of Orion slave-processing station.)

Neurolytic restraints (Soong's technical description of the slave-inhibitor chips.)

And the Orion auctioning T'Pol said she sold for "three million six" of an undisclosed unit of currency. This corrects my earlier post.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Well closed captioning isn't always right - I'd say it was 3 million 'secs' or something.

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps