Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ Gene-TECH-al Engineering? ["Borderland" Spoilers] (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: $$ Gene-TECH-al Engineering? ["Borderland" Spoilers]
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And three million six is a highly unlikely price for an auction.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps three million isiks, as in DS9 "Rivals"?

Timo Saloniemi

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it could be a currency that isn't worth alot, so three million six isn't what we'd think it is. I think the reason it doesn't show up on the captioning log is that the name of the currency was said during the jumble of speach, and wouldn't have been able to be captioned (without covering the whole screen with text)
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In that scene where the BoP is docked to the Enterprise, can anyone get a rough guess as to the BoP's size? By itself, it looked smaller, but that scene made it look a lot larger to me. Would be interesting to compare it to the size (or sizes) of the movie+ BoP.

B.J.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it was roughly the size of the saucer of the Enterprise, which roughly and easily could work out to the classic 110m. But then again, I could just as easily be wrong.

By the way, I missed the 'teaser', how exactly was the BoP captured? And was there a feel for how large its crew was?

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice continuity if it is Isiks! And I did mention I saw that blue, shrouded alien from "Q-Less". [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Umm, isiks were used by an El-Aurian con man, a Ferengi bartender, and a con woman of unknown origin who tried to sell the Vlugta asteroid belt to the other two. Which of these applies here as a bridge of continuity? [Confused]

In any case, it's better than quatloos... [Roll Eyes]

Timo Saloniemi

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...or credits.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Which of these applies here as a bridge of continuity?"

Presumably all of them. Doesn't it count as continuity when they use the same term twice for a form of interstellar currency?

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exactly - we don't know if the currency was solely El-Aurian, Ferengi or an Alien woman - one would assume that if they are all happy with the currency then it is an interstellar standard. Maybe the Alien woman was Orion (maybe just not a slave girl).

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

She, an Orion? That's borderline silly.

--------------------

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

quote:
Originally posted by Futurama Guy:
I thought it was roughly the size of the saucer of the Enterprise, which roughly and easily could work out to the classic 110m. But then again, I could just as easily be wrong.

By the way, I missed the 'teaser', how exactly was the BoP captured? And was there a feel for how large its crew was?

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just re-watching this episode last night and noticed that in one of the holding cages at the Orion processing station there was a Reman. No, not a Na'Kuhl or whatever Vosk's species was, but an unmistakable Reman. Just thought I'd mention it. Someone ought to be able to provide a cap if you don't believe me. It was in one of the wide/sweep shots where they pan to the right, showing multiple cages during the pass. He was in the first (leftmost) one, IIRC.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh, gonna have to rewatch. While I'm fairly certain it's not intentional - typical Trek scripts are rarely so detailed - it'll certainly provide something for us to link into the upcoming Romulan arc.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps