Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Weapons array/weapon arrays question. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Weapons array/weapon arrays question.
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Short of me watching every single episode of TNG/DS9 where a GCS fires a weapon to visually catalog every instance...

...does anyone have or know where I can find a CANON detailed layout of all of the weapon arrays of a Galaxy Class (and potentially other class[es]) starship[s]? Thanks! [Smile]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Intruder1701
Member # 880

- posted      Profile for Intruder1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the Enterprise D deck plans from the main bridge down to deck 42 does that help?

--------------------
"Who cares if we bomb a few hospitals, it just means we got them a second time" Warrant Officer Robert Clift, CVN-71 OEF

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I'd think you could get a count of weaponry for the Galaxy from just about anywhere. TNG-era phasers, for instance, aren't hard to spot. (And it seems to me that the only difference between the "canon" and something like the technical manual's layout is the saucer's torpedo launcher, which could easily be ignored, if that's what you wanted.) Basically, couldn't you just go grab some images off Google?

Unless you're thinking of the sort of list which disregards the possibility of errors, thus including things like phasers coming from where no phaser should be; and includes weird one-off things like the "antimatter spread" from Best of Both Worlds. In that case, I haven't seen such a list.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also consider the times we've seen the Galaxy fire phasers from the torpedo launcher- possibly an error or some lone phaser emitter buried beneath the launch tube (or the time Voyager fired a phaser blast from mid nacelle-somewhow).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't a phaser blast also seen coming from the captain's yacht once - TOS-style?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In "Encounter at Farpoint", the Enterprise fired an "energy beam" from the captain's yacht.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah: a biiig flashlight kinda beam no less!
A perfect start to the series.... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Picad told Tasha to "rig a phaser beam" to transmit compatible energy. I'm sure it was replaced when the Yacht arrived on Tuesday...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And it wasn't until Thursday until it was finally installed. The yard engineers had to rewire the whole area because of Picard's order to Yar. Meanwhile Picard was cruising around in his yacht around Earth all happy because he finally has a ship again and not a desk job.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Intruder1701:
I have the Enterprise D deck plans from the main bridge down to deck 42 does that help?

What is its source?

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would think that those are the Rick Sternbach deckplans. I also have a copy.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

That would be a good start.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ebay would be a good start for your very own copy - too [Wink]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

Which makes about as much sense as telling someone to go out and buy the dvd themselves whenever a cap request is posted.

--------------------

Talos
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking at my copy of the blueprints, these are the phaser arrays that are visible.

Saucer:
Long dorsal array
long ventral array

Battle Section:
medium ventral forward
2 short ventral aft
2 short ventral nacelle
2 short dorsal aft
2 short neck dorsal
medium neck forward (covered by saucer)

IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps