Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Enterprise B Docking Hatch (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Enterprise B Docking Hatch
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it me or does the movie versions of the Enterprise-D's Red Alert, transporter sound, door chimes, and paint scheme in the corridors end up being used in ST: Voyager?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Tim, my point being, regardless of plausibility, that not only has Star Trek often done these things, Enterprise itself has already done both multiple times.)
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not just Enterprise. It's a TV standby that if you travel back in time and look at your decendents, there is a high chance that they will be played by the same actor that's palying you.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, hence my shock! and confusion.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course the sound package is the same. It was included in the WindowsSF upgrade they installed when they got the wet bars on the sides of the bridge. Voyager would have naturally had the same sound package in her software.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
Not just Enterprise. It's a TV standby that if you travel back in time and look at your decendents, there is a high chance that they will be played by the same actor that's palying you.

Christopher Walken plays me in the past?
Bitch better learn to speak in coherent sentences first....I can see it now:

"Hi....I'm...Jason....Abb..adon." "Do....youlike...Star Trek.....?'
"I.....build....model Starships...."

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that Walken or Shatner!?! Imagine those two on screen together!?! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

"The way your dad looked at it, this communicator was your birthright. He'd be damned if any of the spoonheads were gonna get their greasy hands on his boy's birthright."
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking of Walken from The Prophecy:
"Some things....a talking monkey would understand."
...and he could be talking to a Mugato or something while he said it.

Imagine the finale of The Deer Hunter with phasers.
(shudder)

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps