Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ BIOLOGUKYLER TERROR Tech! ["The Augments" Spoilers] (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$ BIOLOGUKYLER TERROR Tech! ["The Augments" Spoilers]
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it was great-grandfather. My bad.

And yeah, although Malik was at the helm, she was unconscious on the floor behind them. In light of "The Augments," it would seem that they left her there while they proceeded with their antics aboard the station, but it raises the oddity of why her biosigns didn't register on the NX-01's scanners.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, now, Brent Spiner is 55. Assuming Arik is meant to be about the same age, and he maybe spends about another 10 years in prison before they trust him enough to let him out (and if it's later, because of what he did to Lucas' co-worker, that still works for us), then he might be able to marry & have children at about 70, in 2170. If we put Noonien at about 90-ish when he died, that means he was born around 2280. so the two intervening Soongs might have only had children in their fifties, which seems consistent with people in the Trek universe having children later in life.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How many MACOs, did you say?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About forty.

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Re: The "Briar Patch"

It seems Soong actually said "once we're safely through Klingon space, we'll plot a course for these coordinates..." so it isn't actually in Klingon territory, and is still open to become Federation turf as per INS. However, this raises some additional questions such as:

(1.) Why was Kor fighting a battle against the Romulans there in the early 2270s as per "Blood Oath" (DS9)?

(2.) What is the spatial relationship of Klingon, Romulan, Orion, and later-to-be-Federation territories? If looking "down" on the galactic plane focusing on Klingon space and the surrounding areas, the Romulans are to the "north" and the Federation is to the "west," and the BoP is fleeing to UFP space, through Klingon space, away from Orion space, then does this mean that the Orions are to the "south" or to the "east"? And how does this jive with the real location of any of the stars in the Orion constellation? (Also, what was Mandel's reasoning behind placing Orion where he did in the Charts?)

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) It sort of makes sense for Klingons to fight Romulans in a location that is outside either Empire's boundaries. What with there supposedly being this alliance between the Empires and all. I'm sure both need a neutral place to vent their frustrations...

2) Orion is a constellation to the "south" - both Rigel (the real one) and Betelgeuze are part of it. There being no actual star called "Orion", Mandel chose one that could plausibly be named after its constellation by Earthlings (Pi 3 Orionis has no preexisting catchy proper name).

I think the Borderlands and the Orion realm ought to be roughly where shown, "south" of Earth - but possibly farther "south" than Pi 3 Orionis, at least during the ENT era, so that an escape from there would take our heroes through Klingon holdings.

Those in turn could extend farther "north" than they do in later days. I'd be ready to move Qo'noS to lie closer to Earth than Regulus, really. The whole idea of the Klingons being "beaten back" by the forming of the Federation, peacefully or otherwise, sounds appealing.

Timo Saloniemi

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

quote:
Originally posted by Timo:
1) It sort of makes sense for Klingons to fight Romulans in a location that is outside either Empire's boundaries. What with there supposedly being this alliance between the Empires and all. I'm sure both need a neutral place to vent their frustrations...

But why would the Feds let them do it in their territory? (Or are we going with the idea that it wasn't at the time?)

Oh, and btw, a reflection:

Did anyone notice that the Orion ships were green and birdlike, right down to a hooked "beak" at the bow? It would seem that there has been an exchange of technology and design aesthetics between the Klingons, Romulans, and Orions throughout history. A nice (if perhaps not entirely intentional) touch that reflects these three powers' proximity to each other. [Cool]

--------------------

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did mention in the other thread that I thought the Orion ships looked like the Moldy Crow from the Star Wars: Dark Forces game series.

B.J.

Lee
Member # 393

Just for a wheeze, here's a picture of the Botany Bay.

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

*wheeze*
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I finally got around to watching this episode - I think it was a nice ending to the arc. Actually it might have been the best of the three Augments arc.

Name dropping pants-wetting goodness.

OK about Briar Patch (yes they had to go through Klingon space) but it's also known as Klach D'Kel Bract - WOOO! There is NO reason why that can't be the same thing - for a while there I was thinking of Ty'Gokor - but no - a battle was fought there between the Klingons and the Romulans - I mean it is most probably in neutral space.

People, people - stop with all the 'east, west, north, south' business - I for many years doodled and plotted and posted my ideas about trek maps (I'm sure a few were picked up for that cartography book! [Big Grin] ) BUT! I was seriously going crazy. It's an impossible task. It is also fitting that as per STII:TWOK that you are all not thinking of space as being 3-dimensional.

These powers 1. Don't have to rub up against each other. 2. Could have fair distance between them. 3. might over lap above/below/between and in any combination across their respective frotiers.

So do you make their space 'round blobs', 'jelly-fish like with a hub and tendrils or neither of these things - just a collection of systems?? As we know from Deep Space Nine - the Way of the Warrior had Klingons doing training just outside Bajoran territory.

I liked the reference to the Klingon colony.

The Botany Bay/Khan stuff - including the absolute homage to Kahn with Marik wounded, his crew dead - trying to key something into the bridge panels.

The BOP didn't exactly explode - more like it seemed to fall apart.

I liked the effects on Archer - burst blood vessels around the eyes etc after being in the vacuum of space.

I ALSO enjoyed the MUSIC/score in this episode - it was VERY good.

Did Mayweather say anything this episode? I know Archer ordered him to plot a course but there wasn't even an 'aye-sir' from him.

There should be a web page that tracks the number of times he talks or the number of words he says like there was a log of the destruction of Voyager's shuttles! [Big Grin]

Interesting how the Augments didn't like the idea of their 'brethren's' genome being tampered with - raised interesting questions/situation.

I liked the end with Soong. I was waiting for something like that to happen - but I still liked it.

Andrew

P.S. I'm off to watch 'The Forge'.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh and the area of space near the Klingon empire in that display said:

"Starfleet explored space"

--------------------

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:

P.S. I'm off to watch 'The Forge'.

Andrew

What the hell? I haven't even viewed it yet...

Fucking Saturday 6:30pm airing bullshit... [Mad]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dammit to hell...its on at 8pm tonight....  -

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

OMG! I'm watching "Star Trek" before Americans!! This is a FIRST! So many years of having to watch TNG, DS9 and Voyager delayed by up to 3 years! Woo! [Big Grin] Sorry to rub it in - but... it's cool! [Big Grin]

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps