Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Found this cool site... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Found this cool site...
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/blueprints-main2.html

I'll forego the bleeding-heart-newbie-rights-advocacy rant, but this site is actually a cool resource to check out.

WARNING: Those who are skittish about copyright violation beware.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See, now, I don't know what to do about this. I already removed the link in the post where the guy spammed us with that site. And yet, I know you're not a spammer. So...
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While it's bad form to link such things on one's first post, it is a really good site.
Killing that first tread is still warranted though to prevent people not intrested in really being a Flare member from joining and linking in all sorts of shit.

As to Copyright violation, it's kinda a non-issue with these aincent and often inaccurate fan blueprints....or with the stuff from the ST Magazing as they're all over the web already.
Their KBOP is so far off that it should just be considered another class entirely).

Besides, I feel justified in saving those images- just from having to see that putrid "Timeship Prototype" thing that looks like a horrible mating of a Connie Refit and a hacksaw.

It's sad, but I think the age of the fan blueprint has come to an end.
For example, I've never seen anyone attempt to make plans for Voyager or a host of other starfleet vessels.

Makes me sad (though I never bought any blueprints except for the (inaccurate) Excelsior from STIII, and that was many years after it's publication).

One day, I'll win the lottery and enslave Reverend, Timo, Lobo and a score of others to toil endlessly on ful color, plausable specs and blueprints for all the Feddie and Klingon ships.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
See, now, I don't know what to do about this. I already removed the link in the post where the guy spammed us with that site. And yet, I know you're not a spammer. So...

At last, after all these years, I have finally succeeded in confounding Tim. Victory is mine! [Razz]

While I understand your obligations as a mod, I nonetheless took issue with your excision of that link and so decided to exercise my...ahem...privileges as a long time poster.

In any case, I seem to recall precedent for not shunning spammish posts if they truly contain something of genuine interest to the board. As in this case.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If Tim lets it stand, I will. As for the copyright issue, aridas and David Schmidt have made their attitudes clear to the site author, and I guess them older folks don't really care.

It's not as if you could purchase Ianar or Renner blueprints from anywhere anyway, as opposed to David's stuff. (And I happen to like Ianar a lot, even if neither the side nor top view matches with the given dimensions...)

Timo Saloniemi

Jag2112
Member # 1386

- posted      Profile for Jag2112     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was my third post, not my first [Smile]

And it wasn't intended as a spam... I realized that the material on my site would be of 'some' interest to the general population of this forum, as is seemingly the consensus from the thread above...

As for the copyright issue, I've been reaching out to the authors of the prints I have online, and those I'm still in the process of scanning. Aridas and I are working towards a mutual agreement where I'll be able to reflect some of his works in the near future. The same goes with David Schmidt who allowed me to present some of his sheets...

The others have either yet to reply or, as Timo indicated, probably don't care enough to bother...

Anyway, just my 2 cents...

Sorry that my original post was taken as spam...

-John
www.cygnus-x1.net

--------------------
-John
www.cygnus-x1.net

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because I have no life, I happened to see the post before it got clipped. And because I've been exploring some of the older ships in the interests of making derrivative designs, I found the scans there to be highly valuable. Believe it or not, I had a hard time locating a cross-section deckplan for a Constitution.

Which is to say thanks for the site, Jag. Consider yourself bookmarked. I'll be checking back for those Ent-B drawings. Sorry we're so paranoid about potential spam. It's just, well, there are a lot of folks who do post and run. There's a reason it's in the User Agreement.

Jag2112
Member # 1386

- posted      Profile for Jag2112     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My pleasure, Balaam...

And no worries about the Spam issue... heck, from the outside I would have considered my post spam as well ... :-)

Look for the Ent-B drawings soon... Working on the Saladin prints now and will follow that with the Ent-B and Ent-C prints...

It's a shame you missed Todd's Excelsior prints (I was asked to take them down). While they're not as accurate as they should be, they were still a nice resource...

-John

--------------------
-John
www.cygnus-x1.net

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drrooool. I love the Independance deck plans. The bridge for a computer-controlled vessel is pretty neat. The Lynk Class timeship, however, is UltraSuck.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lynx should become the "Missing Lynx"

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Jag2112
Member # 1386

I've never been too fond of the Lynx myself, but I figured someone out there might find it interesting...

One ship that's always been a favorite of mine since first appearing in the Technical Manual is the U.S.S. Saladin Class.

I took my time with these prints, wanting to present them in as much detail as possible...but I'm finally done.

The U.S.S. Saladin Prints are now online...

See: http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/uss-saladin-destroyer-scout.html

Enjoy...

-John

--------------------
-John
www.cygnus-x1.net

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh. Yet another take on what's inside a TOS nacelle. Me likes!

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice!

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is nice (and I generally hate that design with a passion).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because it always falls over?
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps